FireFox 1.5.0.6

roban

I don't know if this started after I was updated to FireFox 1.5.0.6 but whenever I click on 'Source' in FCKeditor I get a FireFox error and the program terminates. I can access 'Source' in IE so I'm thinking it's a FireFox issue. Anyone else have this problem?

Guest vrakas

Latest update, i dont have this problem but i had updated FCK a while ago and therefore this problem does not occure, maybe this helps. :)

I also tryed with another site of mine that FCK was not updated and get the exact problem ;)

Does this mean we have to all update FCK? Well i guess so :D

Update 2:

Try this link to see how to upgrade FCK.

The update can also be found HERE: http://www.fckeditor.net/download

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to have helped solving this problem ;)

Kewl :) good work!

Ok, I uploaded the latest version of the editor, again, and it still didn't work. Firefox shuts down whenever I try to edit a document.

But, I did finally figure out why my flash swf object tag wasn't working when viewed through FF. Even though it works to use IE to edit documents, it strips the </embed> tag from the code. This is ok for IE, as it can still read the code. But FF can't. So if anyone else is having this problem, I thought I would post this. I can get around it by editing the language/home.inc.php on my computer and then uploading. I sure would like to have a solution though.

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

I want to upgrade 3.0.13 BUT I know I edited the editor code quite a bit.

Does it work perfectly? Can anyone PM me a demo so I can check the javascripts for browse/remove images etc?

I've feared upgrading this and over writing functionality.

I've done some research and aparently it is a Firefox bug?! Apparently the current v2 Beta works fine.

Guest Brivtech

I've got a later version of FireFox to everyone else here (1.5.0.7) - Same thing happens with me.

I'm about to download 3.0.13 and try it again. Will post results up within a couple of hours.

Hi Guys,

I want to upgrade 3.0.13 BUT I know I edited the editor code quite a bit.

Does it work perfectly? Can anyone PM me a demo so I can check the javascripts for browse/remove images etc?

I've feared upgrading this and over writing functionality.

I've done some research and aparently it is a Firefox bug?! Apparently the current v2 Beta works fine.

Brooky,

I also found this bug last night - I *was* running Beta 2 of FF. I've since downgraded to 1.5.0.6, and its still crashing.

I had to resort to IE :D which worked fine.

Jason

• 4 weeks later...
Guest mediajunk

Yeh, i have the same FF problem. They way i get around it is to either just edit the text in the editor, or just edit the source. Editting both will crash FF. If you want to do both just switch to IE when editting

• 2 weeks later...
Guest estelle

When running CubeCart 3.0.14, Firefox is crashing when you click the Source button on the FCKeditor.

Upgrading to the latest version of the FCKeditor fixes the problem, but I don't know what customizations Al has put into the FCKeditor...

Anyone have any ideas?

@Al - can you upgrade the FCKeditor with the next CubeCart release?

Guest Captain Bags

Sorry to be a dimbo but . . . . .

How do you upgrade to the latest version of the FCK editor?

I had no problems with FCKeditor until recently. Maybe the issue coincided with a release of FF?

I'm using FF 1.5.0.8

Guest shereen

Glad to have helped solving this problem :D

Kewl :D good work!

Ok, I uploaded the latest version of the editor, again, and it still didn't work. Firefox shuts down whenever I try to edit a document.

But, I did finally figure out why my flash swf object tag wasn't working when viewed through FF. Even though it works to use IE to edit documents, it strips the </embed> tag from the code. This is ok for IE, as it can still read the code. But FF can't. So if anyone else is having this problem, I thought I would post this. I can get around it by editing the language/home.inc.php on my computer and then uploading. I sure would like to have a solution though.

thanx!! a bunch, izadorra, this was driving me nuts. i am now able to edit my home.inc.php file and get the flash file to be viewed on my homepage in FF; however, i also need to find how to get this code to stick in the fck editor so that i can edit the source code in one of my site docs. same thing happens to me in FF: when i click on the "source" button, FF crashes on me. */*

--s--

http://www.splashgearusa.com