New store "Over There!"

Just finished and opened the store to the public today. Currently only sells cell phone straps for extremely discounted prices.

The site is http://www.o-there.com and it uses a softly modified Killer skin.

Some constructive criticism is appreciated. Advertising tips are HIGHLY appreciated since I'm new to this business.

Thanks!!

Some constructive criticism is appreciated. Advertising tips are HIGHLY appreciated since I'm new to this business.
Make your skin standout. You won't do this with a store that looks identical to thousands of other stores ;)

Make your skin standout. You won't do this with a store that looks identical to thousands of other stores ;)

Yeah, I was thinking the same. I originally planned to start the store simple and then start modifying the style. I can do some minor style adjustments right now to make it look more "flashy". Any ideas?

Thanks

Respectfully, does that really matter? Yes, you want your store to have a clear identity and personality, but would it matter if thousands, or even tens of thousands, of stores are similar? How does that make your products more appealing or your customer service better or your web site easier for customers to find or the site easier to use once it is found?

One of the most common mistakes new businesses make is investing inappropriate amounts of time and energy in easily accessible things that don't really matter - while not dealing with the less obvious but more important issues that do matter. Psychologists refer to something called "self-distractive behavior," characterized by doing something that can be done easily as a way of avoiding dealing with somethat is challenging.

In common terms, an expression that fits is, "Don't sweat the small stuff."

An example of that is obsessing over the store name or the logo while not putting the same effort into optimizing search engine optimization. Making a store's skin totally unique is another.

Hope that helps.

I see what you're saying... and agree to an extent. But if the store is not memorable/exciting/interesting and with pretty window dressing, customers may not return for more, or remember to recommend it to their friends.

Edit: The store skin has now changed from the shipped killer (to what I was referring originally) to a better skin.

I recently switched to the skin Sherbet Blue because it fits my logo so perfectly. It also had the design that I was looking for. However, this skin is still stock. Anybody have any suggestions for me?

Thanks