Category listing has gaps in rows

Guest Big Lurch

Guest Big Lurch

I am using a modified copy of the Killer skin, with only small modifications to the graphics and some template files. I hve some categories that have several subcategories, and in some cases, I d not get a full table, as it were. There are gaps either on the left or right in some rows. I am not sure what is causing this to happen.

This is what happens now:

# # # # #

# # #

# # # # #

# # # # #

#

# # #

# # # # #

instead of this

# # # # #

# # # # #

# # # # #

# # # # #

# # # # #

# #

Any ideas what may cause this, such as long names or other kinds of formatting issues?

Looks like a padding issue. Look in layout.css

#subCats {

background-color: #EBEDFE;

text-align: center;

border: 1px solid #C9CEFC;

margin: 0px;

float: left;

width: 99.5%;

}

.subCat {

text-align: center;

padding: 8px;

float: left;

width: 110px;

• 1 year later...

Hi peeps,

I am having a similar problem to this but on all categories, not just sub-cats. It is only happening in IE, everything is fine in FF.

It was working fine but after a bit of 4am editing it suddenly stopped working and I can't even remember what it was I was editing when the change occurred. It may have been "viewCat.inc.php" as I was adding pagination to appear at the bottom of the products list. Could an error in that file cause the problem described by the first poster?

Everything works fine until I add a span class to the price (span class="txtSale") in "viewCat.tpl". I just can't work out why! There is no padding set in my stylesheet for ".txtSale" and I can't see any other padding attributes that might be causing an error. I'm still new-ish to this whole system so I'm not so good at checking for errors!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Jo

P.S. I forgot to mention - I am using version 3.0.17. Thanks!

Problem sorted. I just had to make the height larger in my stylesheet for the product boxes style I made.

Annoyed that I didn't realise it was something so simple earlier! Anyway, thought I'd let people know in case anyone needs this in future.