question

I have installed my cubecart thru fantastico and I love it. But when I installed cubecart I installed it as http://mysite.com/store/ and I installed soholaunch as http://mysite.com/ so I would have a homepage. however I have been customizing the colors of my cubecart and I had Goober put in a shipping mod and I will be having more mods put in and my cubecart is turning out nice and I have decided I want my cubecart to be my homepage, I don't need the soholaunch. I will just unistall the soholaunch, but my question is , Is there a way to make my cubecart http://mysite.com/ instead of http://mysite.com/store/ without uninstalling it and then reinstalling it, because I don't want to start from scratch again ,I just finished changing all the colors and adding products and just had a mod put in. Hopefully my question makes sense to all of you and someone can help me. I should have just installed cubecart as the main part of my site from the start but at the time I did not know any better. I hate to lose all the work I have done to it. does anyone know how to change things without messing everything up?

Guest vrakas

You need to move all your files from your subdirectory to your root directory and then change the Global.inc.php to referrence the new paths. :rolleyes:

Guest janpugs

You need to move all your files from your subdirectory to your root directory and then change the Global.inc.php to referrence the new paths. :rolly:

Hello it is me pj4455, I could not get in on that name so am using new user name.

anyway. I uninstalled the soholaunch which was veiwed by going to mysite.com and I had a friend try to do the suggestion above but when he moved the files everything got messed up. we were able to veiw my cube cart at mysite.com instad of mysite.com/store but when I tried to go the the admin section of my cubecart using mysite.com/admin or even mysite.com/store/admin I got error message NOT FOUND ON SEVER. so I could not get into the admin section.

This morning he said he was able o put the files back so my store can once again be veiwed at mysite.com/store and I can once again get into the admin section.

I was thinking of just un-installing my cubecart (I installed it in Fantastico) and then re-installing it as mysite.com this time. that should fix things . but I would like to know if there is a way to save all of the work I have done to my cubecart? I changed all the colors and moved boxes around and I had Goober put in a ship by value mod. so I don't want to lose everything. And then put all of the changes back into the newly installed cubecart? Please let me know if any of you can help me . or PM me if you like. Thankyou.

I am so mad at myself, I should have just installed cubecart as my main site right from the start! oh well you live you learn! LOL!

There is another alternative and that is to just set up a redirect on your webserver through control panel or similar re-directing the main URL to the lower directory where the store is. Then if you decide to change back later on this will need to be removed.

Just a suggestion, not sure if it is the most efficient way though! ;)

• 6 months later...

Sorry for the double post at another thrad, but this is *exactly* what happened to my store and I cannot believe there is no (reasonably) simple solution? The problem seems to be that /admin is redirected to /admin/admin/login.php?goto=/admin/index.php So somewhere CC changes that URL!? Does anybody have a clue / solution? Thanks!

• 8 months later...
Guest leviwilcox

You actually had the solution the whole time!

Does anybody have a clue / solution? Thanks!

easily resolved by editing your global.inc.php

make sure the rootRel is equal to /

$glob['rootRel'] = '/';

should fix everything. :)