New Site Launched

Many thanks for the help and support of the CC community over the last few months.

Due to the cross browser issues that was highlighted to me in this forum, i decided that I would revamp the site to eliminate these issues.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Please feel free to visit; Sixpack Systems Ltd

Thanks

Darren Moat ;)

Overall i think you have done a great job :D A couple of things do jump out at me though;

Different fonts have been used between Categories, MailList etc, i would try to use the same fonts throughout, also there is a lot of scrolling to the right if you are on a smaller screen resolution, a lot of people still use an 800x600 resolution and at the moment its difficult to browse because of that.

Otherwise an excellent job ;)

Many thanks for the help and support of the CC community over the last few months.

Due to the cross browser issues that was highlighted to me in this forum, i decided that I would revamp the site to eliminate these issues.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Please feel free to visit; Sixpack Systems Ltd

Thanks

Darren Moat :)

I will standardise the fonts in the cat boxes etc, I never noticed that!!.

The layout was designed using a 1024x768 resolution as this was preferred to 800x600. There is still a bit of tweaking to be done with it. :) Many thanks for your comments :D

The layout was designed using a 1024x768 resolution as this was preferred to 800x600.
The preference of which you speak is that of the seller. But the person who matters most is the potential buyer. If s/he is turned off by left to right scrolling, sales will be lost. There are still huge numbers of people who prefer 800 by 600. I also suspect that as the demographic curve ages, there will be a portion of the market that learns to re-configure the default display resolution.

The layout was designed using a 1024x768 resolution as this was preferred to 800x600.

The preference of which you speak is that of the seller. But the person who matters most is the potential buyer. If s/he is turned off by left to right scrolling, sales will be lost. There are still huge numbers of people who prefer 800 by 600. I also suspect that as the demographic curve ages, there will be a portion of the market that learns to re-configure the default display resolution.

Many thanks for you comments Jerseyjoe

I am considering changing the layout to 800 x 600. You and Ansuk are absolutely right, if the site is difficult to view the customer may lose interest, which may result in the loss of a potential sale. :rolleyes: