delete Entire Category

Guest BuymyJewelry

Guest vrakas

No, you cant. :rolly:

On the one side its good, it helps avoiding deleting products by accident but on the other side it is a bit of a pain :w00t:

Not sure if there is mod that can allow you to mass move products and then allow you to delelte the category.

Sure you can if you're not afraid of SQL. Here's what you need:

DELETE FROM CubeCart_inventory WHERE cat_id = ##

DELETE FROM CubeCart_cats_idx WHERE cat_id = ##

DELETE FROM CubeCart_category WHERE cat_id = ##

That will delete all the products, the product index and the category itself.

Guest BuymyJewelry

in my host, I noticed a MYPHPADMIN Icon, so I opened it and them I went in to the Categories area under the SQL and clicked Browse, found the categories I wanted to delete and then I clicked on the RED X, it deleted all the categories and the products in One quick swoop! So easy.

get it here.

http://www.phpmyadmin.net/home_page/downloads.php

melissa

Melissa, if that's all you did, then you didn't really delete the items, you simply removed the category. Did you also delete all the entries from the CubeCart_inventory table and accompanying entries from the CubeCart_cats_idx tables? If not, then you did not accomplish what you set out to do.

In PHPMyAdmin, you should see a link on the top of the right pane that says "SQL". That would give you a box where you can enter raw MySQL commands and they would be executed. If you would put the commands that I gave you earlier in this thread into that box, it would indeed properly remove everything you needed removed. The only thing you'd need to know is what the cat_id was that you wanted gone. Nice and easy.

You said what I gave you was awful...I think you misunderstood to think you had to do that with each product. That's not the case. Those three lines will delete EVERYTHING you needed gone.

;)

Vrakas, I'm not sure if what she did was proper, but the three SQL snippets I listed above WILL work to completely eliminate a category with any number of products in it. Now, the only potential issue would be options and such tied those deleted products....that's something that you'd have to deal with separately me thinks.

:)