Getting ready to actually go on line.....Comments?

Guest CaseyC

Guest CaseyC

(as he quickly takes cover to escape the barrage)......lol..

Serioiusly, all comments are welcome. This is a slightly modified "Killer" (I think. It's been so long I don't remember which one I butchered.) I did modified the "Products" view...if you click on the motorcycle on the home page you'll see the changed pricing structure. One thing that has been driving me crazy is the "live chat" button on the bottom.....In IE 6.0 it displays correctly, in the center. But in Firefox it is left justified.........

The cart is in CC 3.0.11 with SEO 5.4 and various other mods installed.

Anyway, fire away.......

My Webpage

There's a free mod at cubecart.org to put the search in a box on a side column. You might want to do that and leave your lovely header uncluttered. Also moving {SESSION} (login) would be a great idea as well. Altogether a great start. Congratz.

Guest vrakas

Not much designing involved but looks nice :w00t:

Your store doesnt have a title to show on the top of the browser (currently has (powered by CubeCart)) just mentioning it so you dont forget :rolly:

Keep up the good work */*

As usual, I'm the nay-sayer - but with sincere good intentions (which pave the road to you-know-where).

First, you've designed it so that those with an 800 by 600 configured monitor must either scroll left - right or reconfigure their screen resolution - neither of which many people confronted with that problem will do. In fact, I'd like to collect a small toll for every such user who doesn't even know that there is more material "hidden" to the right.

The "visitor counter" is not professional. It works for MacDonald burgers only because their numbers are astronomical. But for us mortals, even 6-figure numbers are less than impressive.

Let's get real about "Langauge." Given your Texas location, perhaps adding Spanish might be a good marketing tactic but why are all the others in the dropdown?

Reference your home page layout, centered text only works for heads and sub-heads. Once you get beyond three lines, readability drops off drastically because the staggered starting point of each succesive live defeats the reader's trainingg to jump from the end of a line to the same dot in space and down one from where he began the previous line.

You've done a good job with all the site docs except About Us. People want to know who they are sending their money to. Put a human face on your business. Tell about who you are. Add a head shot of key people.

I'm sure there is a good reason why some Category names are marked with an * - but after looking at your stuff, I'm missing the point.

I like the way you've implemented Quantity Pricing. Whose mod is that?

Yes, it's a nice clean version of a default skin. Nothing wrong with that at all. The product images are admirably crisp and appealing.

Best wishes for your site.