"Pending" Orders / Losing Customers

Guest nickyg622

Guest nickyg622

Hi,

One of my sites has been having trouble keeping people in the checkout funnel. 2 major things seem to be happening (see the attached image for details):

1. People bail out during login. During July, of the 54 people who clicked "Checkout" with items in their cart, only 10 made it through registration to the "review cart" page.

2. Gateway problems / early notification email. Of the 10 people in July who made it to the Gateway page, 0 made it to order confirmation. We are using VeriSign Payflow Link, which is successfully processesing orders, however, some people don't make it back to the confirm page. One problem with this setup is that the admin confirmation email happens when the customer leaves the Gateway page, not when they return to the confirmation page. So, my client gets lots of emails for "pending" orders that never get completed, which is very disheartening. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks so much for any help you can offer.

- Nick

Here are our checkout funnel stats for July:

cubecart_stats.gif

Hi,

One of my sites has been having trouble keeping people in the checkout funnel. 2 major things seem to be happening (see the attached image for details):

1. People bail out during login. During July, of the 54 people who clicked "Checkout" with items in their cart, only 10 made it through registration to the "review cart" page.

2. Gateway problems / early notification email. Of the 10 people in July who made it to the Gateway page, 0 made it to order confirmation. We are using VeriSign Payflow Link, which is successfully processesing orders, however, some people don't make it back to the confirm page. One problem with this setup is that the admin confirmation email happens when the customer leaves the Gateway page, not when they return to the confirmation page. So, my client gets lots of emails for "pending" orders that never get completed, which is very disheartening. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks so much for any help you can offer.

- Nick

Here are our checkout funnel stats for July:

cubecart_stats.gif

There are always a percentage of customers that don't complete a sale - and you will never know why really. Try a test order and make sure everything is working properly and if so, see if you can add info onto your checkout pages that might be scaring them off - do you show it's a secure server? Do you tell them when an item will ship or what the shipping charges are?

What I want to know is how you got the analytics funnel thing set up to make it work :unsure: It won't for me - not even showing my customers going to checkout even after I get an order. Can you tell me how you have the settings done?