CubeCart Security Issues???

Guest repustech

Guest repustech

Hey All,

I just wanted to pick your brains.

Just today I went to my store and somehow the file with "database name, password, and user name" was not correct and the store was down.

I didn't get a chance to see the hacked file as I accidentally uploaded the correct file over the top of it without looking.

Has anyone ever heard of a CubeCart store being hacked into?

Thanks...

This seems to be security problem with server not with Cube Cart, as config file can be edited if only some one has access to it.

So better check your server raw access log and see if this file has been touched by some one using ftp or ssh etc.

Guest repustech

thanx for the replies.

I tried looking at my raw access logs and it only allows me to look at the current days log. Is there a way to look at previous days logs? I am using Cpanel.

Thanx for the help,

Well my cPanel shows logs of last three days, then there is a provision using "Raw Log Manager" to "Archive Logs in your home directory at the end of each month", so for future you should enable this option.

As in current situation where you don't have previous logs, I will try to discuss with my SysAdmins how to get them back.

Meanwhile you my try the same within your organization, I mean discuss this problem with your Host or SysAdmins.