3.0.10 to 3.0.12

Guest jwm

Hello All,

I am managing a site for my client, and would like to upgrade to the latest version, (3.0.12) but am afraid that I am going to lose the customizations I have done to the interface.

What is the best possible "road map" to get this site up to date, without messing up what I have already done (with the GUI).

Thank you in advance for all comments!

-- Jim

Upload all the files from 3.0.12 excluding those ones in the upgrade instrauctions. (Same for both sets of instructions).

Then run the 3.0.{6-10} - 3.0.11 upgrade.php script followed by the 3.0.11 - 3.0.12 script.

The reaply your mods.

Alternatively run both the upgrade scripts. Order doesn't matter actually and then do the line by line changes in the change log. ;)

Guest bholland

I'm also upgrading from 3.0.10 to 3.0.12 and have made extensive changes to the core php files. Is there a reason not to just go line by line in the change log and update everything (other than it's painful and time consuming)?

If I did this, would I have to do 3.0.10 to 3.0.11 and then 3.0.11 to 3.0.12?

Thanks,

B

Guest nev_sutter

Any chance of a "changed files only" download?

I think this was done for 3.0.10 and made it a lot easier to use something like WinMerge(PC) or FileMerge(Mac) to upgrade heavily modified sites.

thanks

Any chance of a "changed files only" download?

I think this was done for 3.0.10 and made it a lot easier to use something like WinMerge(PC) or FileMerge(Mac) to upgrade heavily modified sites.

thanks

That would make life a lot simpler.

I do have a question which will likely expose my inexperience with e-commerce stores, but as my store is currently running fine at version 3.0.10, would it be possible to just install the recent security patch, and then when 3.1 is released, simply do a clean install of CC 3.1 on my server, and it still recognise all the products and info I have contained in my current store. Of course I'd have to link it all up to the same database, but would 3.1 have any trouble picking up where 3.10 left off, if I just installed 3.1 fresh?

I mainly ask as my current store is full of mods, which you guys have indicated will be in 3.1 as standard, so I'd very much like to be able to save myself the time it would take to install the recent .11 and .12 updates, and start fresh with an unmodded store, thus making future upgrades a lot easier.

Thanks for all the great work you're doing with CC :)

Im in the same boat as you guys. Im on 3.0.10, all I really care about I guess is getting the security fix, none of the other changes mean much to me. I have 5 stores to edit, how do I just apply the security patch? I mean can this be done the same as a MOD, edit this past that and your done. All my stores have so many mods I wouldnt even want to think about reapplying all the mods, it would take me ages.

Ahh Im an idiot, to do this go here

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....showtopic=21247

Its only a few files that need to be uploaded, none of which should have been modded by anyone, phew, I was sweating for a moment there.

Ill go for 3.1 when that comes out..

I successfully upgraded 2 sites today from 3.0.11 to 3.0.12

on heavily modded sites

I used an excellent tool called winmerge to compare files from the new 3.0.12 download and my current site files. winmerge allows you to view different files in one set or the other or view unique files.

and allows you to merge code between files that are different and one has had code changes.

with some careful planning and dillgent combing of code (thanks to all mod authors who wrap their code changes in //my mod additions changes well done!!!)

the thing to remember when upgrading is to keep a BACK UP of ALL current LIVE site files and BACKUP the database BEFORE making any changes via winmerge or other utility.

also winmerge is a FREE utility and any php, html, asp or other type coder shouldnt be without it!

Kinetic

• 1 month later...

I just want to say that I asked Kinetic to help me with upgrading - I had alot of extra mods, a customized skin, etc., and had no clue where to start or what to do, and rather than go in and mess up my shop I hoped by asking Kinetic if he would help me that he would give me advice - well, forget the advice !

He did the entire thing for me !

Plus he also advised me on new mods that aretotally needed for a sucessful shop, as far as META Tags, Search Engines, Product Options etc., and installed them - installed my SSL Certificate, placed a custom footer and new bars on my skin, and I even moved my site to the server he recommended :whistle:

Now everything is great and I couldn't be happier and I had more time to work on stocking the store while he took care of the technical stuff.

All I can say is if anyone is struggling on upgrades, mods etc., or even has questions I highly recommend calling on Kinetic, he has been a Godsend to my store.

Tamara

Cuddle Creek LLC

http://www.cuddlecreek.com

Hello everyone.

I know only a little tiny bit about Cubecart and a friend of mine asked me to help him with his Cubecart installation. The site is using 3.0.10 and I would like to upgrade. I see that you guys are talking about mods, etc. I honestly don't know anything about all of that. All I know is that the previous developer left the site without any explanations to my friend and it's up to me to upgrade. I need some pro's advice, please please help. (Kinetic, are you there?!) ;)

First of all backup. What to backup? There's a MySQL database, how do I back that up? Just backing up public_html, does that backup the DB? Please please, I'm desperate, I really need help. :)

Thank y'all.