Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: thumbnail

Guest BrianC1

Guest BrianC1

I get this error when I try to upload images. The image uploads OK, but the thumbnails are not created.

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: thumbnail in /home/champio1/public_html/admin/filemanager/upload.php on line 120

Everything else works on the site including SSL.

I have checked permissions on all the folders that are supposed to be chmod 777.

I am using the current version:

CubeCart Version: 3.0.12

PHP Version: 4.4.3

MySQL Version: 4.1.20-standard-log

any advice/fixes/help would be most welcome...

sorry if this has been asked already I searched on this and found nothing.

Guest BrianC1

I get this error when I try to upload images. The image uploads OK, but the thumbnails are not created.

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: thumbnail in /home/champio1/public_html/admin/filemanager/upload.php on line 120

Everything else works on the site including SSL.

I have checked permissions on all the folders that are supposed to be chmod 777.

I am using the current version:

CubeCart Version: 3.0.12

PHP Version: 4.4.3

MySQL Version: 4.1.20-standard-log

any advice/fixes/help would be most welcome...

sorry if this has been asked already I searched on this and found nothing.

Thanks smile.gif

MOD Note: Topics Merged into version 3 General Support. Link left in place in V2 Forum.

Hey Brian,

I get the same error. Exact same error message, and it will not let me update my products anymore.

Works fine on 3.0.10, but does not on 3.0.12.

Anyone knows about this?

Thanks.

Leo

Perhaps these members have something in common. If all is fine in 3.0.10 but fails in 3.0.12 is there a common thread like a mod installed that causes the problem.

I have group discount from goober and company details by semperfi.

And one detail:

I already had a picture AND a thumbnail. when I changed the stock and hit the edit button then I got the error and the thumbnail disapeared.

Guest claude1624

I am getting the same error message and I have a clean install of CC3.0.12. I deleted everything and reinstalled three times with the same issue...

No problems with 3.0.11

I hope someone figures this out, maybe the file we are all downloading is corrupt or something...

Guest Brivtech

I just upgraded to 3.0.13 (pre-release) which shows as 3.0.12, and I'm getting the same problem.

I can't submit a new product as the error pops up, and neither can I edit an existing product.

I'm going to open a support ticket to let Al know about this one. Seems there's a few of us here with the same issue.

In the mean time, I was able to resolve a few "broken" products by using the Fix Thumbs MOD over in the freebies section of CubeCart.org

Okay, the advice I was given is this:

Download and use CC Version 3.0.12.

So, although I had already downloaded it, I downloaded it again, uploaded all the files except the Skins folder, my global.inc.php file and language folder, and IT WORKS!

So that's my advice passed on. Re-download, and re-upload.

Make a backup first of your store files and database before performing any installation or upgrade work.

I just upgraded to 3.0.13 (pre-release) which shows as 3.0.12, and I'm getting the same problem.

I can't submit a new product as the error pops up, and neither can I edit an existing product.

I'm going to open a support ticket to let Al know about this one. Seems there's a few of us here with the same issue.

In the mean time, I was able to resolve a few "broken" products by using the Fix Thumbs MOD over in the freebies section of CubeCart.org

Okay, the advice I was given is this:

Download and use CC Version 3.0.12.

So, although I had already downloaded it, I downloaded it again, uploaded all the files except the Skins folder, my global.inc.php file and language folder, and IT WORKS!

So that's my advice passed on. Re-download, and re-upload.

Make a backup first of your store files and database before performing any installation or upgrade work.

Thanks Brivtech,

I am sorry to hear that this is a real problem. I hope it is solved soon.

Guest m.kotewicz

I'm having the same problem here unfortunately. Its only recently come about - I didn't do anything with it, was all working fine then I came back to it today and it didn't work.

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: thumbnail in /home/www/mythopre/shop/admin/products/index.php on line 193

Seems like tomorrow is going to be all hassle because I need this site up for a client soon - so I will have to strip it of all my custom mods and everything else.

The mods (That I can remember) that are installed:

- Automatic currency update by Toucan Web designs

- No 'N/A' postage displayed until final cart cost.

- Removed "mailing list" (by me).

Thats all I can think of right now. Theres probably a couple more. Tried updating everything in /admin, but to no effect.

I'm having the same problem here unfortunately. Its only recently come about - I didn't do anything with it, was all working fine then I came back to it today and it didn't work.

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: thumbnail in /home/www/mythopre/shop/admin/products/index.php on line 193

Seems like tomorrow is going to be all hassle because I need this site up for a client soon - so I will have to strip it of all my custom mods and everything else.

Thats all I can think of right now. Theres probably a couple more. Tried updating everything in /admin, but to no effect.

i am thinking of re-installing the store. it is not possible to work with NON editable products.

• 2 weeks later...

i am thinking of re-installing the store. it is not possible to work with NON editable products.

Vouala......

Here is the fix to your problems

It seems to be something with the GD class on V 3.0.12

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....st&p=101667

Cheers