Need critics or praise :-)

Guest shannonlp

Guest ambassador

Hey everyone. Been awhile but I have a new cart up that I am testing and need some guidance good or bad :-)

http://sleepydoyles.com/damelolacart/

-------

Aug 2006

You are to be commended for beautifying the out-of-the-box look of CubeCart. You may; however, wish to modify the header area a bit in order to reduce the height of the header graphic, which will in turn allow the associated navigational options to appear higher on the page.

Ambassador

-------

Guest vrakas

Looks nice :)

The header is bit to big by my opinion, its a waste of space.

Dont forget to change your title from "My Store Ltd"

Keep up the good work :(

Guest garysmith

I really like your design, fresh, different & interesting.

I can do the technical bits but am 'graphically challenged' so I do envy your skill in this area.

The only constructive criticism I can make is that your 'Join Now' button for the mailing list is so light in color at first I mistook it for another text box.

That aside, an excellent design, well done.

Gary

Guest Brivtech

Where you have the categories, the formatting gets screwed up where the flower appears: On first load, the waiting for the GIFs causes the problem. Can you do something to preload these images? Would just go that little further to finish off the nice clean look of the site.

Guest shannonlp

Where you have the categories, the formatting gets screwed up where the flower appears: On first load, the waiting for the GIFs causes the problem. Can you do something to preload these images? Would just go that little further to finish off the nice clean look of the site.

I will be making some changes to this piece of the design. Took a while to get them to show up. Pretty new to CSS. Thanks for the pointers. I plan on adding some sup cats under these main cats soon.

I agree with others about the depth of your header - pretty but most people scan the top 1/3 of the page quickly and you really have 0 info in that section.

Also, I would add some text on your homepage about what your site is about - not only does it help search engines, but it also helps potential customers. I had no clue from your home page what you sell.

The drop down box under "Lola" is also unreadable.

Otherwise, I like it. Definitely different! Keep it up!