Paypal Auto Return url?

Guest Blythespirit

Guest Blythespirit

Hi, I have a premier account and ive managed to get a successful test payment to go through by using one of my friends as a guinea pig.

Anyway I noticed that in my paypal account profile there is an option called Auto Return. It asks me to put in a url where I want paypal to return my customer too preferably something confirming that the order was successful.

Can anybody tell me where in cubecart I find the url that I need to put into my paypal profile to get this auto return to point to?

Thanks in Advance.

Guest Blythespirit

Hi, I have a premier account and ive managed to get a successful test payment to go through by using one of my friends as a guinea pig.

Anyway I noticed that in my paypal account profile there is an option called Auto Return. It asks me to put in a url where I want paypal to return my customer too preferably something confirming that the order was successful.

Can anybody tell me where in cubecart I find the url that I need to put into my paypal profile to get this auto return to point to?

Thanks in Advance.

http://www.yourdomain.com/confirmed.php (yourdomain.com being your website url).

Brill thanks so much! ;)

Guest Blythespirit

Ok set that url as directed and my friend did a test purchase which worked but then when it attempted to auto return got a white page saying.

Error: No payment gateway variable is set!

Any ideas?

Guest EverythingWeb

In your AdminCP of CubeCart in the PayPal configuration screen, there *should* be a bit of text underneath one of the options where it gives you an exact url to paste into PayPal - give that one a go ;)

Guest Blythespirit

In your AdminCP of CubeCart in the PayPal configuration screen, there *should* be a bit of text underneath one of the options where it gives you an exact url to paste into PayPal - give that one a go :(

Ok ive found the url i think you meant (http://mooncradle.co.uk/modules/gateway/PayPal/ipn.php), Ive put that in paypal, my friend has tested it. When it redirects instead we now just get a plain white page with no writing on it at all.

Im so close to getting this sorted adn I cant proceed any further with my store until I know this is working.

Can anybody help its dri9ving me nuts.

Thanks

• 4 months later...
Guest www.orderiffic.com

In your AdminCP of CubeCart in the PayPal configuration screen, there *should* be a bit of text underneath one of the options where it gives you an exact url to paste into PayPal - give that one a go :D

Ok ive found the url i think you meant (http://mooncradle.co.uk/modules/gateway/PayPal/ipn.php), Ive put that in paypal, my friend has tested it. When it redirects instead we now just get a plain white page with no writing on it at all.

Im so close to getting this sorted adn I cant proceed any further with my store until I know this is working.

Can anybody help its dri9ving me nuts.

Thanks

Having the same problem. http://www.mydomain.com/confirmed.php is not working for me - it shows an error page and the cart does not clear.. the product is still there. I'm using PayPal IPN and auto-return and both are active.

------------------------>>

FORGOT to turn on Payment Transfer.. so I'm all set I guess. :(

• 4 weeks later...
Guest tgammon77

Ok, I have a business paypal account and ive activated IPN and turned on auto return. I have entered the IPN path correctly and I have entered in www.vectormall.com/confirmed.php as the return path. I made a test purchase thru my site and when it returns me it says "Sorry, your order failed" "You can attempt to purchase your basket contents again below:" Now with that said, I login to my paypal account I can see that the payment was successfully made and I can login to my admin on my site and check the orders and the order is there but it is pending. What is wrong or what am i doing wrong? here is the full URL it sent to return me to my site. http://www.vectormall.com/confirmed.php?tx...bFXdwKTAw0Es%3d

<------------- LOL, it says i'm a newbie

Guest www.orderiffic.com

After checking all my PayPal setup options and making sure I had the correct return URL, I found it still came up with a similar error. What I discovered was in my store Admin Gateways (PayPal, Standard & IPN), I had to set it back to Standard to get it to work. At PayPal, make sure you turn on Payment transfer. I'm no expert myself, but this worked for me. Hope it helps! :unsure:

Guest tgammon77

Thanks for your reply, does setting it to standard seem to still work. What I mean is do you recieve the order and does paypal return info to auto update the purchase from pending to completed after they return to your site? I will give this a shot. Any other info from others would be greatly appreciated..

Guest CubeCoder

I also see that in my paypal account I have the option of putting IPN url

Instant Payment Notification Preferences Back to Profile Summary

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PayPal's Instant Payment Notification (IPN) allows you to integrate PayPal payments with your website back-end operations.

Instant Payment Notification (IPN) On

Instant Payment Notification (IPN) URL: http://www.mysite.com/modules/gateway/PayPal/ipn.php

Is this really used?

I made a purchase and could not figure out where is this file getting used

Can someone please throw some light

Guest tgammon77

ok well the answer to your first question is confirmed.php the answer to your second is keep it turned on and make sure it has that path as you typed, obviously with whatever your url is. Now, with that said, I have been trying to get my cubecart paypal payments to return back to my site and post to my database and update the order but I just keep hitting the brick wall of it saying Sorry your order failed, but the payment posted to my paypal account. I have reinstalled cubecart about 15 times and religiously made sure that I set all settings correctly. I have come to the conclusion that "CubeCart" just wont work for everybody. I know that I have posted all the correct settings in cubecart and in paypal but it just wont get past that last part when it returns to my site from paypal everytime i get the "Sorry your order failed" messege. I'm using GoDaddy.com hosting too. I have since switched to OsCommerce which in one night I got it installed, setup, and made a successfull payment to paypal and it returned to my store without flaw. I would much rather be using cubecart because I like the features it has and I would buy it if I could get past this last little hurdle. I dont seem to be getting any good help here. I wish I could get someone that knew they could set it up for me and make it work.. The Admin/backend section of cubecart is so much better than OsCommerce and CubeCart is much easier to change the look of and add products whether they are digital or tangible. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME TOO!!! [email protected] www.vectormall.com

I hope that I helped you Cubecoder with your 2 questions. I'm curious why your name is what it is?

Thomas

Guest CubeCoder

Thanks tgammon77 for your response

I got my cart working with paypal and my question was more out of curiosity as to what is the flow of programming while processing takes place at paypal

Feel free to PM me for your problem!

PS: I have emailed you so you can also reply to it!

Guest tgammon77

fopen() (Hey cubecart programmers) Please read!! I would like to thank CubeCoder for his help. The problem I was having with my cart was I could make it thru the entire checkout process and when I got to the final page on paypal where the return link is , I would click it and it would take me back to my site but it would tell me "Sorry your order failed" "You can try again". What actually ended up being the problem was that fopen() wasnt enabled on my web hosting account. I think this is something that you cart programmers should look into working up a solution for people as part of the installation instructions. As it goes thru the 5 or 6 step install process, that it check to see if this is enabled. I think this tends to be a common problem for most people here that are having the issue with getting the order failed screen, but they have no clue that it is a fopen() issue and evidently noone else here does either except for Cubecoder that helped me... Hope this helps someone. My cart works perfectly and now I intend to purchase it.

Thomas Gammon

Glad you sorted yours. :)

This prompted me to investigate my similar problem with "order failed" messages after returning from the paypal payment page. I emailed my host to ask if fopen is enabled and have been told that, whilst available, my host blocks all remote calls made via fopen. I've been asked to provide the URL that is called so that the firewall can be set to allow access. Would this be the URL that the request is being sent from (i.e. a PayPal URL) or the URL which it is being sent to (i.e. confirm.php)? B)

Thanks.

Guest tgammon77

Glad you sorted yours. :)

This prompted me to investigate my similar problem with "order failed" messages after returning from the paypal payment page. I emailed my host to ask if fopen is enabled and have been told that, whilst available, my host blocks all remote calls made via fopen. I've been asked to provide the URL that is called so that the firewall can be set to allow access. Would this be the URL that the request is being sent from (i.e. a PayPal URL) or the URL which it is being sent to (i.e. confirm.php)? B)

Thanks.

Goto cc3.biz this is "Markscarts" website... I'm curious, do you have godaddy.com hosting? If so then you definitely want to get the mod called "PayPal IPN with CURL" goto cc3.biz then click on 'cubecart mods' then cubecart free mods' and then 'gateway mods' and there you will find the fix for this... hope this helps

Goto cc3.biz this is "Markscarts" website... I'm curious, do you have godaddy.com hosting? If so then you definitely want to get the mod called "PayPal IPN with CURL" goto cc3.biz then click on 'cubecart mods' then cubecart free mods' and then 'gateway mods' and there you will find the fix for this... hope this helps

Thanks, but my problem isn't quite the same - My hosts. domaincity do allow fopen, but I have to supply the URL that is being called so that it can be unblocked on their firewall. Thought I'd post in this thread as I was almost certain that this was going to be resolved with the fix you mention, but, as it turned out, it's a little simpler than that, although I'm still not sure how I find the paypal URL that is calling fopen. I'm about to reinstate IPN and go through the transaction process to see if I can find out that way. Not seen anyone else mention firewall blocking of fopen commands. B)

Guest mashurst

godaddy has a fix for this on their help site, and paypal has a fix for this too, you have to replace the paypal SOAP files with the ones they specify. I can't remember exactly, but if you search for "godaddy" on paypal's forum, or search for the exact error on godaddy's forum the solution will come up.

This isn't the exact link but it is close:

http://www.paypaldev.org/topic.asp?TOPIC_I...Terms=ew,portal

Thanks, but my problem isn't quite the same - My hosts. domaincity do allow fopen, but I have to supply the URL that is being called so that it can be unblocked on their firewall. Thought I'd post in this thread as I was almost certain that this was going to be resolved with the fix you mention, but, as it turned out, it's a little simpler than that, although I'm still not sure how I find the paypal URL that is calling fopen. I'm about to reinstate IPN and go through the transaction process to see if I can find out that way. Not seen anyone else mention firewall blocking of fopen commands. :(

Replying to my own post with an update.

Checked everything with host and paypal.com is already on their allowed list, so it transpired that this was not the problem.

Having extensively searched these forums, I have now tried all the 'fixes' mentioned: The 5 second delay, checked fopen, cURL not an option, not satisfied with removing IPN and using straight 'standard' Paypal. The only one I haven't tried is the one posted by Foto-Time, which caused problems for many FMs, judging by the repsonses.

In desperation I signed up for a NoChex account and downloaded to APC Module last night, only to read that there were issues with this and the SEO URLs Mod, so that was a waste of time. :(

So, where next? Has anyone, bar the godaddy users, managed to fix this 'order failed 'problem??

Frustrated! :wacko:

EDIT: Presumably the latest CubeCart version has Sir William's Autoreturn Fix included, or is this another option?

Switch to GoDaddy.com LOL

Haha, you know, I'm tempted - At least I know that the problem can be resolved there! :wacko:

At the moment I'm being passed from pillar to post with my hosts and PayPal Merchant Support blaming each other. I'm trying to resolve this with my hands tied behind my back - I can't access my server logs.. I can't access my hosts firewall logs.. I don't see an error log (presumably not created??).

Can anyone PLEASE tell me whether a Paypal domain or IP address is used to post back VERIFIED or INVALID in step 4 of this diagram?

My host assures me that unblocking www.paypal.com from their firewall is sufficient; this is contrary to what PayPal Merchant Support are telling me. If step 4 is in the form of an IP address, then perhaps this is the issue? Otherwise I'm stumped!

Still very much frustratedly yours.

Sarah

Guest tgammon77

The real problem here is that it doesnt seem your hosting provider and paypal can communicate with each other very well. I would download all my files from my site and cancel my hosting and goto godaddy.com get economy hosting for like $3.99 or $4.99 a month and then purchase an SSL certificate for $19.99 a year and you'll be set. Your talking about 1 maybe 2 days downtime for everything to get moved but at least after that it would work. sorry your having such a hard time, I know it can be frustrating. I was getting quite frustrated when I first was getting my store installed and paypal working but with some help the problem was found and resolved.

Thomas

P.S. oh and dont try the foto-time fix, i tried it with no luck.

OH, check out bluehost.com, they specifically say they offer cubecart. So I would assume its totally compatible thru them.

The real problem here is that it doesnt seem your hosting provider and paypal can communicate with each other very well. I would download all my files from my site and cancel my hosting and goto godaddy.com get economy hosting for like $3.99 or $4.99 a month and then purchase an SSL certificate for $19.99 a year and you'll be set. Your talking about 1 maybe 2 days downtime for everything to get moved but at least after that it would work. sorry your having such a hard time, I know it can be frustrating. I was getting quite frustrated when I first was getting my store installed and paypal working but with some help the problem was found and resolved.

Thomas

P.S. oh and dont try the foto-time fix, i tried it with no luck.

OH, check out bluehost.com, they specifically say they offer cubecart. So I would assume its totally compatible thru them.

I've started a new topic in the PayPal forum. I'm hoping someone can shed some light on the problem.

I'm getting nowhere fast with my hosts. I think they've lost interest, but then I am on a poor-b'stard-budget hosting account (20GBP a year) and they've been good in the past..

BUT, that said, if I don't get any joy by Sunday night I will switch hosts. Presumably there are no issues with hosting my UK site on US servers? Other than having to set the alarm clock to call support at overseas rate? :D

I think Foto-time's solution was a repost of the Sir William Auto-Return Fix, which I think may be integrated in the latest version of CC anyway - At least I can't see a link to it on his website anymore.

Thanks Thomas. :huh: