cubecart design contest questions...

Hello there,

I've just recently downloaded the cubecart package and am currently working on making it customized for my sister's site and then I got an email this morning about the design contest and I think it's wonderful except I have a couple of questions. 1. Can we make a new logo to fit the design we make? I know the logo is a great logo, but I think that if I made a design the logo may not fit. 2. Can we implement 3d elements into the design if we want? Actually since it would be rendered, wouldn't it be considered 2d still? 3. Is it ok if we move layout elements around on the page? Like moving the search box or other stuff.

That's about all the questions that I can think of currently. Good luck designing! :)

Guest stijnj

1. Can we make a new logo to fit the design we make? I know the logo is a great logo, but I think that if I made a design the logo may not fit.

->no , use the cubecart logo

2. Can we implement 3d elements into the design if we want? Actually since it would be rendered, wouldn't it be considered 2d still? 3. Is it ok if we move layout elements around on the page? Like moving the search box or other stuff.

-> be as creative as possible, since we're in search for a new design :)

->no , use the cubecart logo

Hmm, I emailed cube cart and was told by cubecart_at_brooky_com that varitations on the logo were alowed... In my case making a logo which had a cube in it (to tie in with the cube in the name).

Was the person I talked to wrong? (I don't know their name, just their emial address)

Thanks,

Douglas

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Guys..

I think the logo idea is a great one but a whole new design is a little bit tougher.. I know that I made my own design but 60% of the cubecart code has been modified.. Mainly since I wanted more features, not just a design.

I'm not sure exactly what you are looking for myself.. A new logo? They only cost $20.00 @ bannersmall.com..

In regards to the design.. Are you looking for just a modified header and footer? New graphics or a completely different design? I saw a previous post pointing to ebuyer.com... Designs like that are fairly simple but there is no mention that I've seen about what you are actually looking for..

Chris

Hello,

Something clean, tidy and professional is the most desired. Importantly simple designs which not only look great but can be modified by people with limited skills.

A tip would be to avoid images a titles for "Sales Items" or "Best Seling Products".

We will judge design on how practical they are to build in html with a page size of a maximum of ~60Kb. Also a design wich is accessible. i.e. a decent range of colours which those with poor eyesight can use and a result combinations such as blue on red would be bad.

I hope that helps (And sorry its so late). I have been in belgium for three days.