Moving Shop to another directory

Guest Baker Hosting

Guest Baker Hosting

Ok so i want to move cubecart to another directory with damaging it and losing everything i have put on ect. currently it is in the main directory (www.fiddyparts.co.uk) and i want to move it to /shop so i can put a site in the main directory and link it to my shop. Any ideas? Thanks alot guys

Nick

place everything in /shop,

go to global.inc.php and edit the url in there.

then you're done

but...

for to be sure, make a backup of your shop and of your database (do that regular)

In your includes/global.inc file add these values:

<?php

$glob['dbdatabase'] = '';

$glob['dbhost'] = '';

$glob['dbpassword'] = '';

$glob['dbprefix'] = '';

$glob['dbusername'] = '';

$glob['installed'] = '0';

$glob['rootDir'] = 'here you'll add /shop to existing value';

$glob['rootRel'] = '/shop/';

$glob['storeURL'] = 'www.fiddyparts.co.uk/shop/';

?>

Also if you've added any links to your store, you'll have to edit them as well

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

My situation is:

i first put the store in: www.myname.com/cubecart, everything works fine;

but, after i change the directory to "store" , it is broken, then I tried to change it back to "Cubecart", it could not be fixed.

What value should I change? Do i have to change Global.inc file only? Is there a possibility the database has something wrong?

Thank you very much!!!!

edited:

I changed according to above instructions, it worked!!!! The one thing I missed in the first time was Cube, i should wrote it as cube :) , i did not realized it was case sentative.

I recently changed the URL of my shop from /store to / (root). But now the admin directory is broken! The shop works fine, but /admin throws up a 404. I did change and check the global.inc. Anybody ever seen that before/ an idea what is going on?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest littlered

I recently changed the URL of my shop from /store to / (root). But now the admin directory is broken! The shop works fine, but /admin throws up a 404. I did change and check the global.inc. Anybody ever seen that before/ an idea what is going on?

i'm having that problem too!! i'm guessing the config field in the database is the problem since i copied the tables into another cc installation. help!?! how do i get my admin back? it redirects to the other admin store (that i copied from).

• 7 months later...

i'm having that problem too!! i'm guessing the config field in the database is the problem since i copied the tables into another cc installation. help!?! how do i get my admin back? it redirects to the other admin store (that i copied from).

Did you ever get this working as I am also with the same problem. I have also lost my admin in the same way. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Guest IzzyTees

I moved everything FROM /shop to the root directory and followed the instructions to change the global.inc.php file and the site is now broken. Any thoughts?

Here is my Global.inc.php

<?php

$glob['dbdatabase'] = 'xxx';

$glob['dbhost'] = 'xxx';

$glob['dbpassword'] = 'xxx';

$glob['dbprefix'] = '';

$glob['dbusername'] = 'xxx';

$glob['installed'] = '1';

$glob['rootDir'] = 'c:\\hosting\\webhost4life\\member\\izzytees\\';

$glob['rootRel'] = '/';

$glob['storeURL'] = 'http://www.izzytees.com';

?>

Error is:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: fetchdbconfig() in c:\hosting\webhost4life\member\izzytees\index.php on line 53

• 1 month later...
Guest Exploit

Did you ever get this working as I am also with the same problem. I have also lost my admin in the same way. Thanks

Hi me too have the same problems! did you fix it?

• 11 months later...
Guest Klutzys

Basically, moving the store and editing the file necessary was easy. However, like everyone else I CAN NOT logon to the admin area to use cubecart. I too moved one store over another.

Anyone get this fixed??

Tammy

• 5 months later...
Guest Crystal Dragon

Hi Guys I have a membership site and I was not happy with my membership script so I purchased another one and put my shopping cart into the new area. I was having the same problem not being able to access the admin panel all I did was go in and change the path here is my "global.inc.php"

<?php

$glob['dbdatabase'] = 'crystalv_memberscart';

$glob['dbhost'] = 'localhost';

$glob['dbpassword'] = 'xxxxx;

$glob['dbprefix'] = '';

$glob['dbusername'] = 'xxxxxxxx';

$glob['installed'] = '1';

$glob['rootDir'] = '/home/crystalv/public_html/domain name/membersonly/member/cart';

$glob['rootRel'] = '/membersonly/member/cart/';

$glob['storeURL'] = 'http://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com/membersonly/member/cart';

?>

I then went into my membership site and typed into the address bar

http://www.xxxxxxxxxx.com/me...mber/cart/admin

and up popped my admin panel. you could try this and see if it works.

It worked for me so lets hope it works for you. :yeahhh:

Love and Light

Colleen The Crystal Dragon