why download link has expired or is not valid message?

hi. i know i'm new here. my goal has been to get something workable up and running as fast as possible, before buying an unlock and putting lots of time into making it look pretty. at this point this seems to be the last hurtle. when a buyer receives an email with the link to download their digital product, they get a message saying the link has expired or is invalid when they click the link.

i read the rules of posting, and was actually able to find posts with this question a couple times earlier. but i didn't see any post that answered the question. so perhaps there are others who could benefit from an answer as well.

i've installed cubecart in a folder called "cart," within my public folder. is this causing the problem?

if anyone could help me i'd really appreciate it.

well, after never getting an answer i think i've found a workable solution.

paypal's cart in conjunction with e-junkie - very easy to set up. glad i posted here to see what kind of support i would get before springing for the license to remove copyrights.

you guys have been very helpful. bye.

The answer to the question has been posted numerous times. The problem occurs for one of two reasons.

1) if the issue happens in all browsers, then it's because you have something configured wrong. Period.

2) if it only happens in Safari on Mac, you need to add one carriage return/newline in the language file in the text of the download e-mail.

We're sorry if you couldn't find the answer. You might have also phrased your question differently which could have generated a the right answer quicker.

:)