why charge

hi

id like to know why there are so many people charging for there mods and why there are not more mods available for free download. eg im after a mod for coupons but everywhere i look people are charging for the mod.

surly if and that is a big IF, the mod is of a greater size then yes i could understand people charging for them!! however if the mod is a small one then it should be free...

does anyone agree with me cos this would surly help lots of people out there.

Writing a mod, however small, takes time and then time again for testing. While I agree it would be nice for more free mods to be available, you have to respect the effort put in by mod writers.

Paying $10 for a mod isn't particularly expensive, especially when compared to what a programmer would normally charge for an hours work.

thanks for the speedy reply!!

im used to the oscommerce web sites which i also have, and i find the cube cart a little harder to work on, doing things like adding new boxes much like what you have on your site eg have your say and also we accept, im finding hard to find these modules and working out how the heck to install them. Could you please help me in this quest, many thanks

To add an info box you need to create a new file as below. Give it a name (your_filename.php for example) and upload it to your cubecart directory.

<?php 

// start border

sb("140","YOUR BOX DESCRIPTION",$colour_1,$bg_colour);

echo"<table align=\"center\" width=\"100%\" border=\"0\" cellspacing=\"0\" cellpadding=\"0\">";

// display info

echo"  

YOUR HTML GOES HERE

";

echo"</table>";

// end border

eb($bg_colour,$colour_1);

?>

Then depending on whether you want the box to display on the left or the right, open either subheader.inc.php or subfooter.inc.php and add the following line where you want the box to be displayed.

include("your_filename.php");