Admin Category Issue

roban

This is an interesting one. I just added a category as a top level cat. It appears on my site as a category and it's in the database and admin categories. When I try to add products to it using the manage categories function in view products the category appears when adding products from some top level categories but not others. For instance, the new category is PMS and I want to populate the category by adding products from the Women category but it does not appear. If, however I wanted to add products from the Men category the /PMS category is listed. Obviously I don't want to add products from the Men category. :)

Yes I did all that Al. I'm thinking my database got changed somehow through a mod perhaps but I checked the structure against a virgin database and it seems to be fine. Can you tell me what 2 queries? Is it cat_id and what else? Also does cat_idx play a role in this?

• 4 months later...

I am also having this same issue with my admin categories - I go into manage categories, and I only some of my categories appear. Did anyone ever figure out how to resolve this?

Much Thanks,

Emily

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

My own store is now encountering this problem, we cannot find a solution.

If you add another category though this sometimes causes the missing category to reappear!!

Bizarre.

• 3 months later...

Was this ever resolved? I seem to now have a very similar issue. Please see below..........

Is there a limit to the number of sub-categories one can manage from the product level "Manage Categories" selection.

In other words I can continue to make new categories and sub-categories just fine and see them in the view categories selection - but - when I go to move a product into the category via "Manage Categories" at the product level the pop-up window has stopped showing the list after four pages. so non of the newer cats are on the list for selection. Man, I hope this makes since to someone. Any ideas?

The problem then becomes - Why does it not show the new sub-categories that do exist but do not show in the "manage Categories" pop-up? Any ideas? I can see them in the "View Categories" list.

the site is kdbco.com

Please contact me directly for more access information. Thanks for any help

~thomas

Thanks for the reply -

Anyone Else have any ideas??????

Can you tell me where on the server are these directories or categories and Sub-categories being made? I would like to look and see that the actually exist. Or, are they just records in the Database? and could the DB have anything to do with this?

Any additional or creative suggestions for this - I am at a stand still with the clients project if I can not add more categories to the cart...........

~thomas

• 1 month later...

:unsure: I did get some great help from support @cubecart on this. Here's what their reply was and it worked!

---------------------------

Hello,

I think this was a simple problem that the popup window was too small. I have made it larger and from what I can see all categories show now.

Kind Regards,

----------------------------------

Alistair Brookbanks

Devellion Ltd

-----end snip -----------

• 3 months later...
Guest jrobertblack

anyone find a fix,

we have 8 pages of categories in the popup but now everytime I add a new one it doesnt show up in the "manage categories" popup.

• 11 months later...

Was this issue ever resolved? I've searched the forum and found several posts from people who can't get their categories to show up in the 'Manage Categories' pop-up, but I haven't found any posts to fix the problem. I have a lot of subcategories and I'm having the same problem.