Mp3

Guest aprecords

Guest aprecords

Hello, thank for taking a look at my post. It is much appreciated. I would like for my customers to be able to download music. My store is half way set up, even though not pretty but functional (I hope).

1. I uploaded my Mp3's onto my server and then changes the file extension from .mp3 to .exe. When people download the music, will it be a mp3 for them or something else?

2. I would like to change the look of the site. How can I add text right next to my logo spot? (any text between the logo box and register box).

3. I already have my site build, is there a way to integrate cube cart into my own site?

4. I would like to create a side panel where people can click and it takes them to the other pages of my website. How do I do that? Currently I have just a written link that can direct people to my site.

My site is www.aprecords.org, the store is at www.aprecords.org/shop. It looks really ugly right now, any suggestions? */*

Guest groovejuice

The answers to many of the questions you have asked are in the pinned posts. As to the mp3 question, are you changing the file extension yourself (and if so, why?) or are you uploading mp3 files and the extension is automatically changed on your host server?

Guest aprecords

I've read in a tutorial that I should change the files to an .exe extension so people would be able to download them. Did I misunderstand this? Please let me know. I just would like for my customers to be able to buy and download the mp3's

Guest DVD Extras

Hi,

Windows looks at the .xyz (ending of a filename, this can actually be as long as you want, e.g. .html is 4, and .inc.php is fine too (but Windows only sees .php).

Anyway, a .exe is an executable file, such as a program.

A .mp3 is not, it is a data file. If Windows attempts to run a .mp3 as program code it won't be able to.

The tutorial probably asked you to change the files to .exe because most Web Hosting Providers do not allow you to host .mp3's (to avoid illegal (i.e. pirate) music being "served" from their systems (which can make them liable).

I recommend you get authorization to host these files as .mp3's (if they will allow this at all; many hosts will not), and then you must change the extensions to .mp3.

Hope that helps */*

• 16 years later...
  • 1 year later...