Tax

Hi Folks,

Can anyone help please? I live in the U.K. and do not charge tax on any of my products, therefore I wish to remove all references to tax on my orders.

I have managed to remove the word "tax" on the Mail Order Form but it still has a line as follows: (0.00%): £0.00.

Where do I go to remove this?

Thanks

Tom

what I did was to make the displaying of the tax conditional, so it only happened when ther was tax setup.

In orders.php look aorund line 457 and you should see this section

<td colspan='$colspan' align='right'><b>$la_order_bask_tax ($site_tax%):</b></td>

<td align='center'>$currency$pre_total_tax</B></td></tr><tr bgcolor='$colour_1'>

immediately before this block, insert

";

if ($pre_total_tax > 0)

{

echo"

and immediately after insert

";

}

echo"

or you could just remove the top block I suppose!

as my files have extensively changed, I have estimated this but it should point you in the right direction.

if you are stuck, just post back here and I will investigate further.

Hi,

Thanks for the info.

I am no expert with php, but I tried adding the code as you suggested and also removing the block of code. But neither of them made any difference

Regards

Tom.

okay, the above changes will only make a difference on the order summary page, the one with checkout on a red button which rompts for the payment method.

I am not sure which file the mail order form is in, what does it say in the url bar?

www.yourdomain.com/order.php?session=wiuhgw9erh98we

did the changes not even make a difference to the order screen??? I did mention other files would have to change, but I thought it best to change this screen first and check that it was what you wanted.

LOL!

the ... hides the php file you are currently in! the rest would pretty much stay the same as the url and the session id's will stay the same.

if your address bar is really small, you could drag it to somewhere it will expand fully?

Something should happen with the change described above, unless you did the conditional version and you HAD some tax? just put in a load of text in instead, just to make sure something is changing on the page.

Have you made any other changes to the orders.php file?

Hi

Sorry about that the missing part of the url is:order.php?session=fe888854697eac7a2

I am not sure what you mean by the conditional version. I have not made any tax entries anywhere in the shop. And I haven't made any changes to the orders.php file other than the ones you suggested.

Tom.

Okay, lets start again.

order.php

Delete Lines 457 & 458.

<td colspan='$colspan' align='right'><b>$la_order_bask_tax ($site_tax%):</b></td>

<td align='center'>$currency$pre_total_tax</B></td></tr><tr bgcolor='$colour_1'>

This WILL stop the tax line being displayed on the order summary page. if not, are you sure you edited/uploaded the right file to the right place?

I just can't understand why that wouldn't have made a difference.

The other changes are

REMOVE

from confirmed.php line 169

$email_content .= "$la_conf_tax_eml $currency_sym$total_tax\n\n";

from view_order.php lines 221-224

<tr>

<td><b>$la_order_bask_tax ($site_tax%):</b></td>

<td width=\"100\">$currency$total_tax</td>

</tr>

from admin/orders.php lines 229-232

<tr>

</tr>

from admin/print_order.php lines 190-193

<tr>

</tr>

Although my recommendation is that instead of removing these lines, you make them conditional.

This is performed as per my first post, by putting this before

";

if ($pre_total_tax > 0)

{

echo"
 for orders.php

";

if ($total_tax > 0)

{

echo"
 for all the others

and

";

}

echo"

after.

Good luck!

Hi

I have removed all the lines of code as per your instructions, and it works fine all the way through with no reference to tax during the order process.

I have three methods for the customer to pay:

Nochex

PayPal

Mail Order

The first two show no problem at all but the printable mail order form still has this line in it (0.00%): £0.00.

Any thoughts on how to remove it?

Thanks

Tom.

oops, :) also in confirmed.php

about 3/4 through the file, REMOVE

<tr>

</tr>