My Store

Guest wdstather

Guest wdstather

Would like any opinions or problems/bugs please. I have changed a few things following comments from the forum.

Please note this is a live store and orders are only accepted for the UK!

www.st-athersystems.com

Would like any opinions or problems/bugs please. I have changed a few things following comments from the forum.

Please note this is a live store and orders are only accepted for the UK!

www.st-athersystems.com

First impressions:

Nice and clean logo

I can't really see what you're selling at first glance. (I had to read!)

If you're only taking UK orders, lose the Currency box

It would be nice to see a montage on products on the front page, and perhaps a nice little "tux" so Linux people will know what you're about.

If you're selling products to the public, your T&C is in breach of the distance selling act, see HERE

If you will only sell to companies, not a problem.

I also note you don't have much information for the laptops I viewed (it looked like the spec was all on 1 line)

However, it does look nice and clean, and whilst I'd like to see a few more hints at what you're selling, it all looks good to me!

Best wishes,

Jason

Nice,

I love your logo :)

Fits right in your header, compatible with the rest of the layout.

The popular products box is a little big, isn't it ?

Ps. It doesnt show the EURO sign (€).

And if i chenge the language to Duytch the whole layout is like :)

Good idea #1: translate your site (the contents) for the language u serve the website in, than people trust you more, and it also looks nice :)

Good idea #2: Hey, you got a pagerank, why don't i have one ? :P

Good idea #3: Put in your Privacy Policy that the password is kept in MD5, and that it would be a good idea to change it every X months.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wdstather

Nice,

I love your logo :)

Fits right in your header, compatible with the rest of the layout.

The popular products box is a little big, isn't it ?

Ps. It doesnt show the EURO sign (€).

And if i chenge the language to Duytch the whole layout is like :(

Good idea #1: translate your site (the contents) for the language u serve the website in, than people trust you more, and it also looks nice :D

Good idea #2: Hey, you got a pagerank, why don't i have one ? :D

Good idea #3: Put in your Privacy Policy that the password is kept in MD5, and that it would be a good idea to change it every X months.

Thankyou all for your comments, I will attempt to correct any anomolies, I am unable to replicate the site going out of wack when I change language, but I will try to replicate.

The comment regarding distance selling, I did check that the wording was correct before adding my T&C's and it does contain reference to 7 days notice and cost incurred with cancelling or returning goods.

I will add the Uro sign

I am having trouble getting Latest Products to appear, more sleepless nights :-)

I will add "TUX"

I will remove the currency box for now, I do intend to ship World Wide, need to "sweet talk my shipper for better rates" :(

I will address Product Description issues, be nice if I could upload csv files direct in to dbase.....

Once again thanks to all that commented... and as they say watch this space

• 1 year later...
Guest zodiac73

I don't know if they are loading for anyone else, but there is a graphic next to your page rank in the Welcome text box that is not loading, and also right at the bottom anther one not loading for Google-Pagerank.net ... for both I'm getting the crossed out "no image" icon instead of the actual image.

When changing language currently you still are showing the default message:

"Welcome to your new store

Congratulations. It is now possible to start populating your store inventory.

This message can be edited with the Rich Text Editor which can be used to add vibrant content to help sell your products. This can be found on the admin side of your store under Documents » Homepage.

" (cut and paste from your portugese langauge version, but they all show it except English of course)

The NL language is giving me a refreshed page with just errors and no content, however I just went back to it and the page has magically appeared since changing windows to type here. That's a weird one, and as we all know with cars an intermittent problem is always the hardest to fix. At least you know that someone else has seen it now, which may or not help with diagnosing the problem.

I'm finding the red elements of the page hard on the eyes, I have been on the PC all day but then again so may your potential customers ;-)

Consider putting the site-docs in just above your banner at the bottom of the page to indicate that is clearly not part of the main body of the site. I have been told off for having banners on my site but down there shouldn't be a problem to most people as long as it has the site docs above it IMHO - see my site in my sig and decide whether you agree. (Note: my site is far from perfect!!! but I am really new to this :) I have made these observations/opinions as a visitor more than a website developer!)

Hope any of that helped,

Simon :-)

*** Update: just read through your site docs and found some typo's ... and who are "PC PEOPLE" ?? Did you change the name of your site or business from that to the current one?

Simon.