Problem logging in as Admin

Guest Tomppa71

If you have managed to forget your admin password and for some reason you cannot get the "Reset Password" function to work please follow this process:

1. Access your database using a tool such as phpMyAdmin and browser the table CubeCart_admin_users. It should contain the list of administrator accounts to access the admin interface of your store.

2. We need to now create a file to show us what the md5 hash of the password you require should be.

Using notepad make a file with content:

<?php

echo md5("password");

?>

3. Replace password with your desired password.

4. Save this file as md5.php and upload it to your webserver.

5. Execute this in your browser and copy the output.

6. Edit the admin user with phpMyAdmin and paste this output into their password field.

If done successfully then you should now be able to access the admin interface of your store.

Guest Tomppa71

OK you're good to go now.

Brilliant! I've tried several shopping carts, but this is the only one, that meets the requrements of the product line in question. Therefore I'm even more grateful for the excellent level and style of support.

• 2 months later...

Its been too long since I took a look at my site and what do you know I couldn't remember my login password to the admin panel. I followed the instructions here and found this to work like a charm..

Many thanks for the great advice on how to gain access again.

Cheers

Rich

If you are using PHPMyAdmin, you don't need to do all the php stuff to get the MD5 Hash. Just go to the admin_users table and open the user record for editing. Type in the password you want to use in the proper text box and then select MD5 from the "function" pull down menu next to it. PHPMyAdmin will translate the plain text to md5 automatically when you save the changes. You can change a password in seconds this way.