Database on separate website

Guest lcools

Guest lcools

It seems that I don't have another database available to use for cubecart...(and upgrading wouldn't make sense due to an odd upgrade pricing system).

Can I use a database from another host? If so, what would I put in place of localhost when I am installing cubecart?

Thanks for any help,

Leila

Guest lcools

I will when my contract is up, but I've got another 8 months paid for, that I would like to use.

But if your answer is no (?), then I guess I will have to lose that $.

I would suggest to change / upgrade the hosting package or the hosting company :blink:

Guest EverythingWeb

It is technically possible. Make sure that global.inc.php has the correct host value in for the mysql server you wish to use and make sure that the access rights on that mysql server, *explicity* allow the web-servers ip/hostname.

You could also use the wildcard for the user 'allow connections from' if your myqsl host allows it.

HTH.

Guest lcools

Yes, there is a wild card option. Thank you!

It is technically possible. Make sure that global.inc.php has the correct host value in for the mysql server you wish to use and make sure that the access rights on that mysql server, *explicity* allow the web-servers ip/hostname.

You could also use the wildcard for the user 'allow connections from' if your myqsl host allows it.

HTH.

You can also use prefix on the table nams to host 2 shops within the same database... you dont need 1 database pr shop, you can have as many as you in one database only limited to the spec of mysql og your hostingproviders size of mysql db.

Guest lcools

Cool. Thanks.

You can also use prefix on the table nams to host 2 shops within the same database... you dont need 1 database pr shop, you can have as many as you in one database only limited to the spec of mysql og your hostingproviders size of mysql db.