iDevAffiliate Error is CC Bug.

I created a new topic for this because it seems to be an issue that many users are having and no one is reading the original topic created in Feburary.

iDevAffiliate gives a "Processing Error" and does not pick-up the returned shopping cart variables properly after a commissioned sale. Installing the "fix" in another topic post doesn't make any difference. I compared the two files to discover that they are identical. I must have downloaded CC 3.0.12 after the fix was permanently incorporated into the CC software.

At their request, I gave iDevAffilliate access to my FTP account, CubeCart and iDevAffiliate software so they could try and fix it. After accessing my scripts and files several times, they sent me the email I put in the quote box below. They did not fix the problem, but now I am sure of one thing; The problem is a "bug", not my mis-configuration or mis-understanding of how things work.

I don't care about the CC link at the bottom of my website, so I spent my money on mods, skins and iDevAffiliate instead. What I would like to know now is if I shell out the $67 USD for a license key, will CC provide the "fix" for this problem? I just want it all to work so I can go back to making and selling my crosses.

Daniel.

Jim Webster wrote:

> ====== Please reply above this line ======

>

> Processing Error

>

> You know something tells me everything you've done is correct and that it's a variable name issue within CubeCart. I think I've seen this before in the past. If I'm not mistaken, CubeCart released a version that had incorrect variable names in it. I'm honestly not trying to pass the buck but since your order number came through, this makes sense that you have the CC version with this error in it.

>

> I think it's best to have the CC people look at this and see why the sale amount variable name isn't coming through properly. They will probably know the problem right away and give you the fix for it.

>

> Jim Webster

> iDevDirect.com L.L.C.

> http://www.idevdirect.com/

To give a better explaniation of what Mr. Webster is talking about in the post above, here is a screen-shot of my "Approve Commissions" in iDevAffiliate.

As you can see, everything was transferred OK except the total sale amount.

idevshot.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Retraction: The problem interfacing CubeCart with iDevAffiliate is NOT a bug in CubeCart or iDevAffiliate.

The problem is the customer being returned to my site (confirmed.php) BEFORE PayPal's IPN call is made. The user 'Convict' on www.cubecart.org fixed this problem for me and now everything works great.

I highly recommend that you others who are having this same problem contact Mr. Convict.

Daniel.

Guest Tha Mad Welshman

Retraction: The problem interfacing CubeCart with iDevAffiliate is NOT a bug in CubeCart or iDevAffiliate.

The problem is the customer being returned to my site (confirmed.php) BEFORE PayPal's IPN call is made. The user 'Convict' on www.cubecart.org fixed this problem for me and now everything works great.

I highly recommend that you others who are having this same problem contact Mr. Convict.

I have just installed CC is this a problem I will have if I use iDevAffiliate? And if yes who is "Mr Convict"?

Thanks

John Jones.

Mad Welshman.

I have just installed CC is this a problem I will have if I use iDevAffiliate? And if yes who is "Mr Convict"?

Thanks

John Jones.

Mad Welshman.

I only know that it is a problem that many people have had if you use CC's PayPal Standard (with IPN) payment gateway.

'Convict' is a CC mod designer at http://www.cubecart.org who is familiar with the problem. If you have the problem after you install iDevAffiliate, he can fix it for you.

PS... I have been using iDevAffiliate for about a week now and I think it is a great program!!

Daniel.

• 2 weeks later...

And if yes who is "Mr Convict"?
Its me. : ;):lol:

who is "Mr Convict"?

He is da MAN! :)

*/*:wub::D

Cool thread mate :)

See this post

Good idea to add tracking code to orderSuccess file but useless for gateways with similar feature like PayPal IPN has - it never shown in customer browser / cookies are burned out / images are not used...

From what I can see

// process payment

if($fail==FALSE){

$cart_order_id = $_POST['invoice'];

include("../../../includes/orderSuccess.inc.php");

The IPN still processes the orderSuccess.inc.php which then recreates the order from the database!

Does the IPN process affiliate logging elsewhere? I cant seem to find any reference to affiliate tracking other than in Print_Order_Form gateway

From what I can see

// process payment

if($fail==FALSE){

$cart_order_id = $_POST['invoice'];

include("../../../includes/orderSuccess.inc.php");

The IPN still processes the orderSuccess.inc.php which then recreates the order from the database!

Well but PayPal site does it - not related to customer browser :)

Does the IPN process affiliate logging elsewhere?
Not in default CubeCart code.

• 1 month later...

We have just finished installing idev heavily modded for a major clients store.

The problem we came across (The customer is using worldpay) is that in ordersuccess.inc.php the affiliate is being prcessed after the cart has been emptied.

The affiliate code is in includes/content/confirmed.inc.php

Current code:

if($success == TRUE){

if($stateUpdate == TRUE){

$cart_order_id = $basket['cart_order_id'];

include_once("includes/orderSuccess.inc.php");

}

$confirmation->assign("LANG_ORDER_SUCCESSFUL",$lang['front']['confirmed']['order_success']);

// add affilate tracking code/module

$affiliateModule = $db->select("SELECT status, folder, `default` FROM ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_Modules WHERE module='affiliate' AND status = 1");

if($affiliateModule == TRUE) {

for($i=0; $i<count($affiliateModule); $i++){

if($affiliateModule[$i]['status']==1){

include("modules/affiliate/".$affiliateModule[$i]['folder']."/tracker.inc.php");

// VARS AVAILABLE

// Order Id Number $basket['cart_order_id']

// Order Total $order[0]['prod_total']

$confirmation->assign("AFFILIATE_IMG_TRACK",$affCode);

$confirmation->parse("confirmation.session_true.order_success.aff_track");

}

}

}

Should be

if($success == TRUE){

$affiliateModule = $db->select("SELECT status, folder, `default` FROM ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_Modules WHERE module='affiliate' AND status = 1");

include("modules/affiliate/".$affiliateModule[$i]['folder']."/tracker.inc.php");

// VARS AVAILABLE

}

}

}

}

With regards the print order, it is once again emptying the basket before doing the affiliate thing

Current code

// empty basket

$basket = $cart->emptyCart();

$print_order_form->parse("order_form");

$print_order_form->out("order_form");

$affiliateModule = $db->select("SELECT folder, `default` FROM ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_Modules WHERE module='affiliate' AND status = 1");

include("../../../modules/affiliate/".$affiliateModule[$i]['folder']."/tracker.inc.php");

// VARS AVAILABLE

//$basket['cart_order_id'] = $_POST['x_invoice_num'];

$order[0]['prod_total'] = $result[0]['prod_total'];

echo $affCode;

}

}

?>

Needs to be

$affiliateModule = $db->select("SELECT folder, `default` FROM ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_Modules WHERE module='affiliate' AND status = 1");

// VARS AVAILABLE

//$basket['cart_order_id']

$order[0]['prod_total'] = $result[0]['subtotal'];

include("../../../modules/affiliate/".$affiliateModule[$i]['folder']."/tracker.inc.php");

echo $affCode;

}

}

// empty basket

?>

It is possible to auto approve orders for confirmed payment but as it entails opening up the encrypted code on Idev i do not think it is wise to post on this forum

:on2long:

What has happened is the requirements for idev which is the amount and the order id are being destroyed by emptying the cart before sending to the affiliate program.

The above should solve the problem.

Hope that sheds some light on things.

• 3 weeks later...

Please people help me out!

I tried everything but cube doesn`t track my sales!

http://www.parfumerie.nl is the domain

We have just finished installing idev heavily modded for a major clients store.

The problem we came across (The customer is using worldpay) is that in ordersuccess.inc.php the affiliate is being prcessed after the cart has been emptied.

The affiliate code is in includes/content/confirmed.inc.php

Current code:

if($success == TRUE){

}

$confirmation->assign("LANG_ORDER_SUCCESSFUL",$lang['front']['confirmed']['order_success']);

// VARS AVAILABLE

}

}

}

Should be

if($success == TRUE){

// VARS AVAILABLE

}

}

}

}

With regards the print order, it is once again emptying the basket before doing the affiliate thing

Current code

// empty basket

$print_order_form->parse("order_form");

$print_order_form->out("order_form");

// VARS AVAILABLE

$order[0]['prod_total'] = $result[0]['prod_total'];

echo $affCode;

}

}

?>

Needs to be

// VARS AVAILABLE

//$basket['cart_order_id']

$order[0]['prod_total'] = $result[0]['subtotal'];

echo $affCode;

}

}

// empty basket

?>

It is possible to auto approve orders for confirmed payment but as it entails opening up the encrypted code on Idev i do not think it is wise to post on this forum

:sourcerer:

What has happened is the requirements for idev which is the amount and the order id are being destroyed by emptying the cart before sending to the affiliate program.

The above should solve the problem.

Hope that sheds some light on things.

• 3 weeks later...