install directory

Previously had a seemingly unsolvable problem with image upload. So uninstalled cc and started from scratch, without backing up as I had nothing to back up. Now my site is ready, at the stage of delete install

directory but I cannot locate the install directory file in file manager to put my site on www.

Advice would be appreciated.Thankyou.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I have been searching through every area of public_html (for 3 days)for the words `install directory` and cannot locate them.I have not deleted them im sure.

One more question if I purchase the install from cc does this mean I would have to start from scratch as my site is complete and ready with all cats, prods & images but just cannot install.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I have been searching through every area of public_html (for 3 days)for the words `install directory` and cannot locate them.I have not deleted them im sure.

What you are looking for is a folder called "install" - not a file called "install directory". In the file list of your store, you should see directories (or folders) called admin, classes, docs, extra, images, includes, INSTALL, js, language, modules, pear, and skins. Delete the Install one.