Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie error

Guest dostey

Hi,

I had installed cubecart and managed to get it up and running but, at the weekend, the following error messages have appeared at the very top of the page:

"Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/fhlinux184/d/dc-media.co.uk/user/htdocs/store/index.php:1) in /home/fhlinux184/d/dc-media.co.uk/user/htdocs/store/includes/sessionStart.inc.php on line 40

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/fhlinux184/d/dc-media.co.uk/user/htdocs/store/index.php:1) in /home/fhlinux184/d/dc-media.co.uk/user/htdocs/store/includes/sessionStart.inc.php on line 40

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/fhlinux184/d/dc-media.co.uk/user/htdocs/store/index.php:1) in /home/fhlinux184/d/dc-media.co.uk/user/htdocs/store/includes/session.inc.php on line 94"

I've checked both .php files mentioned in the errors for trailing spaces as described elsewhere on the forum but they were both ok. Does anyone else have any other ideas?

I'm using cubecart version 3.0.11.

Thanks

Guest jamesandsons

Hi,

I had installed cubecart and managed to get it up and running but, at the weekend, the following error messages have appeared at the very top of the page:

"Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/fhlinux184/d/dc-media.co.uk/user/htdocs/store/index.php:1) in /home/fhlinux184/d/dc-media.co.uk/user/htdocs/store/includes/sessionStart.inc.php on line 40

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/fhlinux184/d/dc-media.co.uk/user/htdocs/store/index.php:1) in /home/fhlinux184/d/dc-media.co.uk/user/htdocs/store/includes/sessionStart.inc.php on line 40

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/fhlinux184/d/dc-media.co.uk/user/htdocs/store/index.php:1) in /home/fhlinux184/d/dc-media.co.uk/user/htdocs/store/includes/session.inc.php on line 94"

I've checked both .php files mentioned in the errors for trailing spaces as described elsewhere on the forum but they were both ok. Does anyone else have any other ideas?

I'm using cubecart version 3.0.11.

Thanks

Hi, i had the exact same problem with version 3.0.12 with patches and found that if you completly overwrite the admin folder again with one from the origional download it then seems to work? i dont know why this is but it does... Hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply jamesandsons. I tried what you suggested but unfortunately it made no difference for my site and the same errors still remain at the top of the page.

I read a post about this earlyer, but cant find it again. It was about changing order of some lines in session.inc.php i think..

And one about your lang.inc.php and not having whitespaces before <?php and after ?>

I got in touch with my hosting company to see if they knew what was causing this problem and the reply I got was "You need to send the sessionStart within the head tags of your page.".

Does anyone know what this means?