Paypal Direct Payment works 3 out of 4 times

Guest kaskudoo

Guest kaskudoo

Hey,

I installed 3.0.13 (actually that didn't work and installed 3.0.12 and upgraded to 3.0.13 - that did work) and after some reading and changing something in the code to have Cubecart work with GoDaddy (they use a poxy) ...

it worked for the first time without a problem

and not only did Paypal Direct Payment work, but also Paypal Express Checkout (both of them i could never get to work with 3.0.12)

that is fantastic news on a day, where everything else went pretty bad - however .... i tested this 4 times with a one-dollar amount. this happened on the third time:

- put product in basket, viewed basket

- registered and continued with checkout using Direct Payment (Paypal)

- putting in CC information and hit the submit button

- after like 2 or 3 seconds i get to a blank screen with something like this in the address bar:

.../STORE_NAME/cart.php?act=step5&process=1

- after confusion i guess most people would hit the back button, so i did and then re-entered my CC info

- after a new hit on the submit button everything is fine and the payment is made

- emails were send and the payment went through

Why is this? Do I have to change some variable with timing or waiting or sth. like that? (I have no clue about php, really).

If someone could share his knowledge on this, that would be great!

more info on my setup:

- brand new CC 3.0.13 with new database and one customer

- GoDaddy hosts my site, but i got it to work, thanx to some useful post of Al

- PHP version 4.x, GD version 2.x

- SSL not yet enabled (i would like to accomplish one thing at a time)

Guest thomaswhiteeagle

I am having the same problem also use godaddy on this particular url.

after some reading and changing something in the code to have Cubecart work with GoDaddy (they use a poxy) ...

What did you change in the code? Be interested to see what other helps comes along the way of this particular problem/fix as I too would say php is not my strong suit.

Guest kaskudoo

i applied the changes noted in this post https://www.cubecart.com/site/helpdesk/inde...;kbarticleid=31

it is all discussed here: http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....showtopic=19849

godaddys proxy is: http://64.202.165.130:3128

however, occassionally i get a blank screen - i wonder if we have to give godaddy a little more time to submit or work with stuff?

edit:

i am in the process of moving to a different provider and over there cubecart runs fine. in fact, instrallation was a blast and cc processing was setup in 5 minutes, result is very good - no problems at all.

I am getting that same exact problem!

I just upgraded yesterday to 3.0.13, and now I will get the blank screen with the URL showing:

.../STORE_NAME/cart.php?act=step5&process=1

I do either refresh or back and it will eventually go in. I have no idea what the problem is, and right now I had to disable my PayPal Direct until I can figure out what thte heck is wrong.

Also, I am using Bluehost as my host provider. :)

Guest kaskudoo

mh, thats too bad tim.

i had this occur on godaddy as host .... and interestingly enough i moved to bluehost now. over there it works - at least it did yesterday when i ran 3 test purchases via paypal direct payment.

so - thats not good news for me, if i run into this again ... i was hoping to escape the problem switching hosts.

mh, thats too bad tim.

i had this occur on godaddy as host .... and interestingly enough i moved to bluehost now. over there it works - at least it did yesterday when i ran 3 test purchases via paypal direct payment.

so - thats not good news for me, if i run into this again ... i was hoping to escape the problem switching hosts.

Have you still been running okay with the problems?

I actually moved back to CubeCarts 3.0.12 PayPal which seems to work almost fine, although it seems sometimes it will respond to the customer with a 'Transaction cannot be processed.' and that's it. No invalid Card Number, CCV# wrong, etc just a basic cannot process without any reason.

I am hoping this new rewritten PayPal version would work good but maybe it's actually the PayPal processors themselves that sometimes 'just don't feel like processing'.

Guest kaskudoo

so far so good. i am not live with my store yet, but all my test runs were good through paypal pro on bluehost.

i have minor style work to do - other than that i might open the store by the end of the week

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having the same problems with the process=1 step and it going to a blank page. It's been annoying the heck out of my customers and they end up not ordering! Please can someone fix this problem? :rolleyes:

Hey There kaskudoo....I notice you said your on bluehost now which is where the store Im having issues with is hosted...please see this thread for my particular problem :

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....showtopic=23792

My question is.....after you get the Paypal login screen (express payment)...does the very next screen say "review order"...and if so...when clicked, does it give you an opportunity to review the order, or does it just "submit" and redirect to "order success" on Cubecart?

THANKS! And Im happy to hear that yours seems to be working correctly...at least that give me some hope!! :rolleyes:

Same problem here. Upgraded from 3.0.12 to 3.0.14 and replace the .12 pear folder with .14 pear. Got the same blank page on step5&process=1. Need this resolve please.

Guest kaskudoo

kbz,

i made myself a test product and purchased it online via express payment and the button says indeed "review payment" (this is on the paypal side of things though and has nottin to do with cubecart) .... however, when i hit that button i get redirected to a secure page that ends with confirmed.php? and thats that - order successful.

PCARS, i only had that problem you are experiencing on a different host (godaddy)

kbz,

i made myself a test product and purchased it online via express payment and the button says indeed "review payment" (this is on the paypal side of things though and has nottin to do with cubecart) .... however, when i hit that button i get redirected to a secure page that ends with confirmed.php? and thats that - order successful.

:rolleyes:WOOoooooo HOOoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

FINALLY...a confirmation that I am not alone!!!

THANKS kaskudoo!!!!!!!!!! :D

THAT may not "fix" the problem, but at least I know who is responsible...and Im releived that I didnt forget a trailing slash or something! LOL!!!

Now I can tell the site owner to go and scream at PAYPAL!! :D

• 3 weeks later...

I've observed the same behavior with PayPal Express Checkout regarding "Review Order" on CC 3.0.14. Clicking that button causes the the customer to be returned to the confirmation page with the order paid.

Perhaps this has been covered in earlier discussions or other threads, but I just read through the PayPal Integration information regarding Express Checkout here:

https://www.paypal.com/IntegrationCenter/ic...sscheckout.html

The flow chart there indicates that the "Review Order" button is normal, and should return the customer to the merchants "Order Review" page that allows the user to confirm the transaction on the merchants site before the order is completed.

The reason for this seems to be to hand off a PayPal provided shipping address to the merchant

so they may compute actual shipping and taxes before the order is completed.

I may have misunderstood but it appears to me that Cube Cart is skipping this step.

Codger

CC 3.0.14

Hey Codger!!!

Thanks for the insight!!!

I dont know who is responsible for this anymore, but, MAN!!!!!.....I sure need a "fix" for it ASAP!!!

AL....Convict......anyone that can help! PLEASE!!

I very well could have missed other posts, but I know my posts have seemingly been getting no response/attention and I am frustrated, plus extremely desperate to get this fixed.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest kaskudoo

hey cars ...

i just last week got an error on my previously working paypal module - people couldn't run their cc anymore (blank screen)

i hadn't changed anything - the host moved the site but that was it.

then, i finally stumbled across the change - permissions were chnaged. i don't know how, but it probably happened during the move of the server.

more here: http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....showtopic=24917

this fixed it again for me - no more blank screen, paypal works again

• 3 weeks later...
Guest llchrisb

After upgrading my Paypal API from 3.0.12 to 3.0.15 by Al's suggestion, because logging wasn't working, I am now receiving this issue with Paypal Expresscheckout.

Blank page on cart.php?act=step5

and the order doesn't go through until the individual Reviews Payment.

Al...any fix coming?

• 2 weeks later...

hey cars ...

i just last week got an error on my previously working paypal module - people couldn't run their cc anymore (blank screen)

i hadn't changed anything - the host moved the site but that was it.

then, i finally stumbled across the change - permissions were chnaged. i don't know how, but it probably happened during the move of the server.

more here: http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....showtopic=24917

this fixed it again for me - no more blank screen, paypal works again

Thanks for letting me know.

My permissions in PEAR folders are mostly 755 for directories and 644 for php files. Anyway, I've done what you said in hope that this resolves the problem. I've changed all permissions in PEAR with 'chmod -R 755' and 'chmod 666 cert_key_pem.txt'. I will test to see this will work or not.