Authorize.net order booking question/problem

Guest turboptions

Guest turboptions

Hi everyone,

I am using the default Authorize.net (I have Cubecart v3.0.12) and I've noticed a problem. When a customer makes a purchase, enters in their info (logging in or express checkout), then selects authorize.net gateway it then transfers their info to autorize.net's site to input their card info. The problem is that if the customer doesn't complete the form (closes out window or card info was put in incorrectly) it doesn't charge but the order still shows up like any other would in the Orders section in the admin console. My question is: is there a way to have the transaction only show up in orders if the purchase has been confirmed by authorize.net and then sent back to the confirm.php page?

Hopefully this makes sense. If I need to clarify just let me know...

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

• 2 weeks later...

Guest turboptions

Has no one really come across this problem before. I find it hard to believe that I'm the first, haha.

When the cart takes the info and sends it to the gateway but doesn't verify that it was approved or not before booking it in the orders page. Any ideas?

That has been a sore spot from the beginning with CC. I love the cart overall, but you are right on the money with this. It should not log the sale on a CC purchase until the Gateway approves it. However, it SHOULD log the sale if the buyer uses the paper form. It would be pending until the form and payment are received. I am crossing my fingers that they will change this workflow in the cart when 3.1 comes out.

Guest ColeFlournoy

It's by design -- all orders are set as pending when they are created, and then set to processing once they have been paid for. At least thats how it's supposed to work, but seems many people have problems with quite a few payment modules (including me). There is a mod you can get over at cubecart.org that will separate the pending and processing orders so you don't have to sift through 100 test/failed orders to find the real ones that are set to processing.

Cole

• 4 months later...
Guest turboptions

OK, sorry to revive this old subject but I still haven't found a resolution to this issue. I know that ColeFlournoy says that the status changes when the confirmation comes back to CC, but that doesn't seem to be the case for me. For whatever reason all orders, whether they are approved or not come back as pending status. We have to manually change the status to processing ourselves. This doesn't tell us if it was approved or not. It's kind of a pain in the arse and the people I adminitster the site for are getting frustrated and have requested that I get a different cart (we have had loads of problems with the STMP/Mail() functions, but that is for another thread, haha). I would prefer to just keep CC cuz I have everything already setup. Is there a way to get it to not book the orders until Authorize.net (my payment gateway) sends back a signal stating the charge has been approved?

Thanks

With Authorize.net, there are 2 methods, AIM and SIM. Which one are you using?

I use the AIM method and the system marks paid orders as Processing while orders that have not been paid remain as Pending. I know that there were some conditions that had to be figured into the situation, such as a SSL cert to make the secure connection to the Authorize.net system.

I think you'll need to provide more detailed information before anyone can help you. Which version of Authorize.net are you using? Do you have a SSL cert installed? Is the SSL cert working in general? Any other details regarding what you have done and what you want to do?