FCK Editor Problem in CC 3.0.13

Guest BBUK

Since upgrading from 3.0.12 to 3.0.13, the Editor in Admin backend creates errors in the pages you create. Specifically, it adds \" all over the place and won't display the images. It simply fouls up the HTML as soon as you click "Update"

Any ideas?

Guest espresso

Since upgrading from 3.0.12 to 3.0.13, the Editor in Admin backend creates errors in the pages you create. Specifically, it adds \" all over the place and won't display the images. It simply fouls up the HTML as soon as you click "Update"

Any ideas?

I'm having this exact same error and need it fixed, please if anyone knows how to fix this let me know my site is my income and now it's trashed.

Guest peanutp

Any ideas?

I'm having this exact same error and need it fixed, please if anyone knows how to fix this let me know my site is my income and now it's trashed.

I have just noticed this too!! Support, can this please be addressed asap.

Cheers

PEte

Guest espresso

It isn't a problem with the FCKEditor, it actually disabled this for the home.php and even using the text editor it still does the exact same problem.

To verify it Is a problem with 3.0.13 you can disable the FCKEditor and text to see:

To Disable the FCK on the homepage:

Find:

<tr>

<td colspan="2" class="tdRichText">

<?php

$oFCKeditor = new FCKeditor('copy');

$oFCKeditor->BasePath = $GLOBALS['rootRel'].'admin/includes/rte/';

$oFCKeditor->Value = stripslashes($home['copy']);

$oFCKeditor->Create();

?>

</td>

</tr>

Replace with:

<tr>

<td colspan="2" class="tdText">

<textarea name="copy" class="textbox" rows="6" style="width: 560px;" ><?php if(isset($home['copy'])) echo stripslashes($home['copy']); ?></textarea>

</td>

</tr>

The problem lies within the magic quotes security patch added to includes/ini.inc.php file.

Line 104:

$val = (!get_magic_quotes_gpc ()) ? addslashes ($val) : $val;

If this line is commented out and the site docs' text (removing the backslashes) is re-saved, it displays correctly.

Guest peanutp

The problem lies within the magic quotes security patch added to includes/ini.inc.php file.

Line 104:

If this line is commented out and the site docs' text (removing the backslashes) is re-saved, it displays correctly.

Thank you so much for that, has just solved the problem. :-)

Cheers

Pete

• 1 month later...

I run into this same problem (CC3.0.14) and will HAVE to do as you guys suggested and thanks for the info :)

@Al, is this the solution or is there something else you will provide us?

Does this affect any other functions of CC?

I have added this to the pinned post for now :)

Thanks for the info guys. I know how to go about fixing it but it may take a little work.

I'd suggest making an exception to the addslashes rule in the ini.inc.php file.

i.e. Make every instance of the FCKEditor have the same variable name.

If variable name !== FCK's Name -> add slashes. That should fix it.

I'll get on the case asap.

I'm really sorry, i still don't understand how to do it,i removed the backslash before "ADD" and it comes more trouble in the homepage

// add slashes if magic quotes is off

many thanks in advance

Follow this and it will work ;)

Line 104:

CODE$val = (!get_magic_quotes_gpc ()) ? addslashes ($val) : $val;

Hello there, thanks for your help. i think it maybe little bit different in here. i want to insert a link : <a href="http://clocks.thehomefurnishingstore.com/" title="Fine Selection Of Clocks" target="_blank">Fine Selection Of Clocks</a><br>

when i submit it then it automatic change to

<a title="\&quot;Fine" href="\&quot;http://clocks.thehomefurnishingstore.com/\&quot;" target="\&quot;_blank\&quot;" of="" selection="">Fine Selection Of Clocks</a><br/>

which make the link not available anymore, hope someone could help me out with this one.

not really understand the structure the great guy just gave.

many thanks

Wouldnt we all?

Sadly, i also found that this problem occurs in other places of the CC cart even though i upgraded FCK to the latest version and comment out the line.

It will still show the &quot in the sentense when the receiver gets an email from the tell a friend.

ex: I found this '12&quot; Mandarin Spawn 2' and thought that you may be interested.

Thanks.

@jacky

Try and do as above and see if there is a diference ;)

Remember to backup before you do any changes.

Hi

I'm experiencing many errors on my product description pages and site docs and was wondering if the fckeditor could be the problem?

Can someone pls tell me and if the changes mentioned earlier should be made.

Much appreciated

Thanks

Antz

These are the errors on all pages.

Line 34

Char 1

Error: object required

Code: 0

URL: //mia-g.com.au/infant-girls/cat_2htm

• 3 weeks later...