Shipping by weight by grams

How do I get shipping rates by weight to go by 100 gram increments? and all the way up to kilograms? like I need to apply shipping rates to 100, 200 grams, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700 , 800, 900, and then 1 kg, 2 kg , 3 kg etc.....or should I just apply everything by 100 gram increments?

thanks

Khadija

Okay, so I did a search on here to find some people with similar problems as me. So basically I can"pretend" that my items weigh 1 kg and write the weight by kg even though they are in grams.

I am very hands on and I need visuals to help me understand things. So I am trying to see how this would work and please let me know if what I am saying is right or wrong.

For example I have that 100 gram bag of powder (I deal with powder products) and I say 1:5.00 right? then I write that the pack weighs 1 kg but it is really 100 grams. I am just not entering the TRUE weight.

But the big question is that I have options on my powders.

I have 100 grams, 200 grams, 300 grams, 400 grams, and 500 grams options and even similar wholesale options that start at 1 kilogram (true weight) and go by 1 kilogram options. So how does the shipping by weight recognize the option weights chosen upon check out.

As shipping by weight needs to be added in for each individual product, but my one product has like 5 weight options and the prices next to it.

Can someone guide me in this? Because the shipping for 100 gram bag will not be the same rate as someone buying 500 grams, but they part of the drop down menu options.

HELP ! thanks

Khadija

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Has either of you resolved this issue? I have the same problemo! I live in OZ and some of my items are 250grams and i keep getting this error:

"The total weight of your order it too high. Please contact us to see if we can make an alternative arrangement or reduce the amount of items in your basket"

HennaSooq did you solve this issue ? as I need same weight in grams as well as the products I sell under 1 kg

Guest eric47905

When I was toying with the shipping by weight, I had it in pounds, but I put the weight as 0.1 for the item, then in the weight class, I did it by 10ths of a pound.

I.E. 0.1:2.75,0.2:3.25 . . . this would mean 1/10th of a pound is $2.75 to ship, and 2/10th of a pound is $3.25 to ship

It is not in kilograms, but the theory would hold sound I think, if you are weighing something at 250g, it would be laid out as 0.25kg for the weight of the item (meaning 1/4 kilogram or 250g)

Hi there..

Thanks for your suggestion. I tried that and it didn't seem to work either.

I have 0.25:4.90 and in my individual products i've set it up as weighing 0.250 each it automatically puts in a 0.

Antz */*

When I was toying with the shipping by weight, I had it in pounds, but I put the weight as 0.1 for the item, then in the weight class, I did it by 10ths of a pound.

I.E. 0.1:2.75,0.2:3.25 . . . this would mean 1/10th of a pound is $2.75 to ship, and 2/10th of a pound is $3.25 to ship

It is not in kilograms, but the theory would hold sound I think, if you are weighing something at 250g, it would be laid out as 0.25kg for the weight of the item (meaning 1/4 kilogram or 250g)

It doesn't! maybe there's a problem somewhere? maybe something to do with taxes or currency? i tried absolutely everything!

I also installed the Australia Post Mod to which its not working either */*

Someone pls pls help me here.

Antz

Thanks for your suggestion. I tried that and it didn't seem to work either.

I have 0.25:4.90 and in my individual products i've set it up as weighing 0.250 each it automatically puts in a 0.

It must work.

• 2 weeks later...