Hello

Hi,

I am new to this site and like to enjoy myself here. I have one question that i would like to know if online paypal system is safe for payment? And also would like to know if there is anyother online payment syatems available?

I am very very new to this part. Suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you.

Sandra.

PayPal is totally safe for online payments as it is hosted on a secure server...

Look for the "https://" in the address bar when you access the paypal site. The "s" lets you know that you are accessing a secure server. Also look for the padlock in the lower right corner of you web browsers status bar, this too lets you know that the site is secure!

There are many gateways that you could use:

Postal

(Provides a printable order form)

NOCHEX

PayPal

2Checkout

Authorize

WorldPay Disa

EGold

MoneyBookers

PaySystems

FastPay <<<< I am experimenting with this one!

M

Hello,

There is also propay.com.. It's the only third party processor that is simular to Paypal, 3/4 day settlements that also allow you to take offline orders. It's the only one that allows you to input credit card orders manually.. Otherwise, you'd need a real merchant account to do that..

In regards to paypal, I've used it a few years now and have never had any problems at all..

Hope this helps,

Chris

Hi,

Thought I would add a word of warning. Although I use Paypal I have heard some horror stories about them freezing accounts and debiting back funds.

I have never experienced this but can give you a comparison between Paypal and PPPay.com.

I sold two items, both for £100. One paid Paypal and the fee was £3.60 and it took five to six days for the money to hit my account after I requested withdrawal.

PPPay.com didn't charge me for receiving the money and then only charged me £1.01 to transfer it to my bank account and was there withing 2 days!

I also accept Nochex and Fastpay.

I would like to be able to integrate PPPay and Fastpay into gateways but dont know how to do it, and haven't had a reply to my request in the forum.

Regards

Hello,

One thing you need to realize as well is that all of the listed 3rd party payment processors are the same ones listed throughout the web for businesses who sell intangable items..

If you are selling products that will actually be shipped, there is a whole other set of processors out there.. Like ccnow.com, ibill.com and about 100 others..

regards,

Chris