Think a WYSIWYG editor would be useful?

Here are some screenshots of htmlarea from interactivetools.com implemented into cubecart..

The idea behind this is to next, incorporate the image manager which would allow various images

to be uploaded and listed with each product without having to keep adding to cubecart's admin.

Adding a new Product:

http://www.kickinpc.com/cart_screens/add.jpg

Editing a Product:

http://www.kickinpc.com/cart_screens/edit.jpg

Edited Product:

http://www.kickinpc.com/cart_screens/edited.jpg

Let me know if you think this is a good idea. If so, I'll put this code into a stock version of

cubecart and give it to booky or will post a download link..

Regards,

Chris

Too right this is a good idea... just what the doctor ordered.

This would save loads of time switching from html editor to CC admiin panel!

Get it into the public domain asap!

Get it posted for all to use... this will be really usefull for those who lack html skills.

M

Wow - are you psychic? I was going to put a post in today asking for this very thing.

I think people will snap your hand off. Yes please I would like it (as long as I dont have to rewrite loads of pages - I always fluff that up!) but this is just what the doctor ordered.

Helen

Helshop & House of Lust

Hello hlsweb,

It is now 9:38PM EST on 7/28/2004, I will start this in a few minutes and will post the complete version in about an hour..

Regards,

Chris

Hello,

Both versions are complete..

If you are running 2.0.1 without any modifications to add_product or edit_product, you can download the cubecart_wysiwyg.zip.. Just upload all files to your /admin directory.. Nothing else needs to be done.

If you want the full version as a complete install, get the cubecart_2.0.1.zip.

You can grab both files from here, http://www.kickinpc.com/pub/

PLEASE NOTE: I think this version of htmlarea only works with Internet Explorer.. Not firefox or netscape.. There is one that supports those browsers but it's in beta.. If I get enough requests, I will add that too.

Regards,

Chris

Hi All,

I just realized that there is a htmlarea version 3 that has been customized. It's support IE and Mozilla and also includes an image editor, image manager, and it supports GD, ImageMajik, or NetPBM to create thumbnails..

In addition, there is also an Online ImageEditor, features include: cropping, resize, rotate (quality depends on image library, ImageMagick has the best output), measure (for rotation purposes), and save to JPEG, PNG or GIF (if supported).

I am going to start working on this and will post the process when I have some..

Regards,

Chris

I have been trying to integrate an HTML editor into CC and so far it works, but I cannot seem to get it to post back to the database... ie. save the info that has just been input into the editor... I click on the "Edit Product" button and it just sits there doing nothing!!!

Do you know what it could be cbunting?

Here's how mine looks so far:

MiniMe

Hello MiniMe..

Can you tell me which editor that you are using so that I can see how it is setup to use the text areas? Some use javascript, others use different methods and without seeing the code, I can't offer much help.

You can post the link here or just email the link to me, [email protected]

Thanks,

Chris

Guest PorkChop

cbunting

Really like the editor. Well done.

I was hoping to use the “add image†for a quick additional photo but no luck yet.

No more copying and pasting from my Html editor. ;)

I hope the new release of CC has this feature.

Thanks for your effort.

P.C

• 2 weeks later...

...... :D

super... this thing was really for me... :wacko:

great functionallity there... thx cbunting!!

i fiddled a little with the files and even managed to install it in admin/settings

with good result

so....

to those of you who want that: :)

in admin/edit_settings.php around line 171

find:

===

<td valign=\"top\"><textarea name=\"welcome_note\" value=\"\" cols=\"55\" rows=\"7\">".htmlspecialchars($welcome_note)."</textarea>

</td>

<td bgcolor=\"$color_1\" valign=\"top\">$la_store_welcom_msg_desc</td>

</tr>

<tr bgcolor=\"$colour_1\">

replace with:

========

<td width=\"400\" valign=\"top\">";

?>

<textarea name="welcome_note" style="width:600; height:200">

<? echo"$welcome_note"; ?>

</textarea><br>

<script language="javascript1.2">

var config = new Object();    // create new config object

editor_generate('welcome_note');

</script>

<? echo"<td valign=\"top\">$la_store_welcom_msg_desc</td>

</tr>

<tr bgcolor=\"$colour_1\">

that should do the trick....

cheers!! :P

Guest stijnj

and for thos who wants it in the document pages :

open admin/add_product.php

find

<table border=\"0\" cellspacing=\"0\" cellpadding=\"2\">

<tr>

<td valign=\"top\"><u>Macro:</u></td>

<td valign=\"top\"><u>Description:</u></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td valign=\"top\"><font color=green>{business}</font></td>

<td valign=\"top\">$site_business</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td valign=\"top\"><font color=green>{phone}</font></td>

<td valign=\"top\">$site_phone</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td valign=\"top\"><font color=green>{fax}</font></td>

<td valign=\"top\">$site_fax</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<tr>

<td valign=\"top\"><font color=green>{email}</font></td>

<td valign=\"top\">$site_email</td>

</tr>

<td valign=\"top\"><font color=green>{tax}</font></td>

<td valign=\"top\">$site_tax%</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td valign=\"top\"><font color=green>{url}</font></td>

<td valign=\"top\">$site_url</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td valign=\"top\"><font color=green>{currency}</font></td>

<td valign=\"top\">$currency_desc</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td valign=\"top\"><font color=green>{address}</font></td>

<td valign=\"top\">$site_address</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td valign=\"top\"><font color=green>{country}</font></td>

<td valign=\"top\">$site_country</td>

</tr>

</table>

</td>

<td><textarea name=\"doc_content\" cols=\"75\" rows=\"40\"></textarea></td>

</tr>

<tr bgcolor=\"$colour_3\"> 

<td align=\"center\" colspan=\"2\" width=\"33%\"><input type=\"hidden\" name=\"edit\" value=\"edit\"><INPUT class=\"submit\" name=\"submit\" TYPE=\"submit\" VALUE=\"$la_ship_save_changes\"></td>

</tr>";

echo"</table></td></tr></table><br></form>";}

include_once ("footer.inc.php");

}// end if session is registered

?>

replace with

</td>

<td> ";      ?>

<textarea name="doc_content" style="width:550; height:200">

</textarea><br>

<script language="javascript1.2">

var config = new Object();    // create new config object

editor_generate('doc_content',config);

</script>

<? echo"</td>

</tr>

<tr bgcolor=\"$colour_3\"> 

<td align=\"center\" colspan=\"2\" width=\"33%\"><input type=\"hidden\" name=\"edit\" value=\"edit\"><INPUT class=\"submit\" name=\"submit\" TYPE=\"submit\" VALUE=\"$la_ship_save_changes\"></td>

</tr>";

echo"</table></td></tr></table><br></form>";}

include_once ("footer.inc.php");

}// end if session is registered

?>

same for admin/edit_doc.php

:wacko: stijn

Hi Chris,

I have been trying to download your html editor but the links aren't working, how can I get it?

---Copy of Post Your Post---

"Both versions are complete..

If you are running 2.0.1 without any modifications to add_product or edit_product, you can download the cubecart_wysiwyg.zip.. Just upload all files to your /admin directory.. Nothing else needs to be done.

If you want the full version as a complete install, get the cubecart_2.0.1.zip.

You can grab both files from here, http://www.kickinpc.com/pub/

PLEASE NOTE: I think this version of htmlarea only works with Internet Explorer.. Not firefox or netscape.. There is one that supports those browsers but it's in beta.. If I get enough requests, I will add that too."

Thanks,

Kim M.

• 4 weeks later...