Yep, still add to basket problem: basket keeps empty!

Hi folks,

A customer from us notified a problem. Customers ad products to the basket but when clicking on the basket to see it's contents, the basket is empty.

for 95% I am sure it has to do with cookies because when playing around with refresh butons, back and forward buttons etc finally the product will show up.

How can this be solved? :wacko:

Guest kaskudoo

Hi folks,

A customer from us notified a problem. Customers ad products to the basket but when clicking on the basket to see it's contents, the basket is empty.

for 95% I am sure it has to do with cookies because when playing around with refresh butons, back and forward buttons etc finally the product will show up.

How can this be solved? ;)

is this a general problem? or can you reproduce this?

i would almost guess it is the customers pc cookie setting or sth. like that, if it turns out that he is the only one with problems ... maybe he clicked on sth like 'deny cookies from www.xxxx.yyy' or sth like that?

Hi folks,

How can this be solved? ;)

is this a general problem? or can you reproduce this?

i would almost guess it is the customers pc cookie setting or sth. like that, if it turns out that he is the only one with problems ... maybe he clicked on sth like 'deny cookies from www.xxxx.yyy' or sth like that?

We noticed it on more pc's. It has to do with cookies. So the cause is known, but how to solute??

Guest foto-time

I had this problem also yesterday and tryied deleting cookies then it still didnt work then all of a sudden it was working again weird

just done a new install of a cart (clean) and all is fine now

I had this problem also yesterday and tryied deleting cookies then it still didnt work then all of a sudden it was working again weird

just done a new install of a cart (clean) and all is fine now

Funny, I did a clean install and it has not worked correctly yet. Surely we can't be the only ones with this problem?

You're not. All of my CC stores have done it from the beginning. It is really annoying and bad for business. It only occurs if someone is shopping as a guest.

The 2 ways to clear it up is for the customer to log in or (register if they haven't yet), or, if they want to continue to shop as a guest, to go view the basket and click the "Empty Basket" link, even if the basket is already empty. Once you have done this, I guess the session gets reset and it all works.

Either one of those things will stop it but it really needs to be fixed. Lots of sales are lost because of this issue and my clients aren't happy about it.

You're not. All of my CC stores have done it from the beginning. It is really annoying and bad for business. It only occurs if someone is shopping as a guest.

The 2 ways to clear it up is for the customer to log in or (register if they haven't yet), or, if they want to continue to shop as a guest, to go view the basket and click the "Empty Basket" link, even if the basket is already empty. Once you have done this, I guess the session gets reset and it all works.

Either one of those things will stop it but it really needs to be fixed. Lots of sales are lost because of this issue and my clients aren't happy about it.

I tried this as well, and it doesn't seem to work. I can't purchase this software and go live with this kind of bug going unaddressed. It's hard enough to get customers to push that "add to basket" button and get them through checkout and for that button not to work is just something you cannot have.

well, I posted it as a bug and within 5 minutes this was their answer:

Reason for closing: - Not a bug

Additional comments about closing: - CubeCart is cookie dependent.

All fine with that, but that does NOT solve the problem many users have.

So Cubecart creators: SERIOUS HELP NEEDED!!!!

You cannot sell stores that won't work properly... */*

That is a bit disappointing. I'm not sure what exactly you call programming that doesn't work correctly across a broad range of users other than a bug. Other carts don't do this that I have ever heard of.

It seems that forcing a new session with a unique ID for any guest visitor would solve it since emptying the basket or logging in fixes it, and I believe all that happens there is the session is either reset or at least the session data is all unset.

I just am not good enough with php nor familiar enough with this cart's inner workings to attempt it. I also don't have the time to try to fix something I've paid for (a couple of licenses, in fact) just to get it to work properly.

This problem has been out there for well over a year now and seems to just be ignored. Maybe it will be solved in 3.1. That looks to be quite impressive in the improvements mentioned in the blog.

Thnx for your reply.

For the CC creators:

What's the use of this shop when this bug (it is for me) is ignored.

I have now multiple customers with a useless shop because of this annoying thing.

I had the intention to buy more keys (I already bought several), but I think I will look for another shop that doesn't have this error.

Please don't ignore but DO act!

Thnx

Guest foto-time

i had a simular problem and some of it is down to the following

i was having a problem with the basket emptying on loging in to do a checkout it was a intermitant then i found the problem ! well i think i did and sofar its been fine! wahoo!

it depends on the persons internet browser as i upgraded to ie7 and found the problem but in ie6 it was ok then i checked on the other pc and found the settings were difftent

ie7 says its because it coulnt find a privacy policy for the site so i added the url's for my site into ie7 allow list about cookies and bingo its fine

so the fix as i see it is to have a privacy policy that ie7 finds and then automatacly allows the browser to allow the cookies from the site

any idears on this???

so if we fix the privacy policy thingy then my guess is we fix the basket emptying!

Thnx for your reply.

For the CC creators:

What's the use of this shop when this bug (it is for me) is ignored.

I have now multiple customers with a useless shop because of this annoying thing.

I had the intention to buy more keys (I already bought several), but I think I will look for another shop that doesn't have this error.

Please don't ignore but DO act!

Thnx

Guest bholland

well, I posted it as a bug and within 5 minutes this was their answer:

Reason for closing: - Not a bug

Additional comments about closing: - CubeCart is cookie dependent.

All fine with that, but that does NOT solve the problem many users have.

So Cubecart creators: SERIOUS HELP NEEDED!!!!

You cannot sell stores that won't work properly... ;)

Al, or whoever wrote the above response to the bug report, I don't think you should have been so dismissive...Obviously CC is cookie dependent, but that was hardly the point of the bug report. This is something I have experienced repeatedly with FF and I of course have cookies on. This is a MAJOR issue and should be treated with more respect.

Other carts seem to be handling cookies with out issue, so why can't CC? I just wish we wouldn't pretend that there is not a problem here when there obviously is...

B

I waited a few days because I think the CC creators have the right to answer on this problem.

But this really pisses me off. No answer at all, nothing. I spend lots of money to CC and this is what I get:

- A direct removal in the BUG page when I notified this problem

- no answer at all in the forum

- many (paid) users left behind with the same s**t

So...again: HELP...REACT...DO SOMETHING !!!

I waited a few days because I think the CC creators have the right to answer on this problem.

But this really pisses me off. No answer at all, nothing. I spend lots of money to CC and this is what I get:

- A direct removal in the BUG page when I notified this problem

- no answer at all in the forum

- many (paid) users left behind with the same s**t

So...again: HELP...REACT...DO SOMETHING !!!

{LINK REMOVED}

I closed the bug report for the exact reason given. This is not a bug in CubeCart and it is working for thousands of others.

CubeCart like many store systems is cookie dependent. If you have cookies disabled and your server uses cookies for sessions it won't work. To overcome this the whole session management would have to be rewritten taking months of development. Some of the most successful sites on the net are cookie dependent. e.g http://www.play.com

@krs1

You complain about no response but this is because you haven't contacted us to ask about it. We rarely look at the forums as they are here for user - user discussion. Not staff - user discussion. If only we had enough time and resources to be more involved here.

EVERY support ticket is responded to in a realistic time and to the best of our abilities.

We will help you investigate why this isn't working but at this time it is not condisered to be a bug.

@JeffM

FYI Devs: You lost a $69 sale because of your lack of support. Loaded Zencart and it's working perfectly.
Support is only available to customers I'm afraid. You will get zero support at all at Zen let alone a response from the developers unless you are very lucky. This is one downside of open source software.

Zen is a good system, cubecart is a good system they are just different (each with plus points).. best of luck to you. :P

If you want technical support concerning this please submit a ticket to our support department here:

http://www.cubecart.com/site/helpdesk/inde...s&_a=submit