2 orders in a row not paid for?

Using cube 3.12

I KNOW everything works because I had a successful purchase about a week ago. Then, last week, I got the notification email from my Cart that a purchase had been made, but nothing from Authorize.net saying it was completed. I called Authorize, they didn't see anything about the purchase on their end, I contacted the customer and explained it all (including the fact that I suspected that they didnt complete their purchase/payment), they responded 2 days later that they no longer wanted the shirt.

I then went in, made a purchase with my own credit card, everything worked perfectly.

Now today, I have another purchase of TWO shirts, same email from my Cube with, of course, the correct info about this customer. Of course, I have received nothing from Authorize which leads me to suspect that this customer, too, didnt complete their payment, probably because the process is so convoluted (imho), requiring registration, etc. I'm wondering if I get the Mod foe eliminating the registration step if that will solve the problem.

Any suggestions, thoughts? Thanks alot!

Unfortunately there are always a percentage of customers that abandon an order before they complete payment. You could try emailing them to see if there were some problem or concern they had that caused them to do this - one *might* write back now and then.

Sometimes it's a misconception - or a fear that your site really isn't secure, or just a simple change of mind.

But if you can get some feedback, perhaps you can correct it or add some text to your site to reassure the customer.

You might try getting a friend to go thru your checkout process and see if they notice anything to do differenty. Sometimes things that make perfect sense to us, confuse others. Might be something in your wording, etc that would be an easy fix.

There is no real solution though - you will no doubt have people abandon their orders before paying now and then. Best you can try to do is lessen them. Sometimes its something as simple as they thought they had their credit card with them then discovered they didnt' - I've done that before :D

Thx. I think I figured out the latter one, with 2 shirts purchased. he came from cubecart.org, so I'm assuming he clicked my URL over there, said OK to the popup about these being "live," stores, went on to my site and played around with it, anyway. I did email him and no response.

On another note...I know that I, personally, do NOT like having to register on any site in order to make a purchase and if it's not something I really need or have had a difficult time finding, I will not register and I will not, therefore, make the purchase. Totally unnecessary, imho, to have to register to make a purchase and I see no viable reason for requiring it. I think I am gonna purchase that Mod to get rid of the registration step.

Think it's a matter of choice - personally, I feel better registering to order something than not doing so. Makes it look less like a fly by night store if I have to register. And most of the larger sites - amazon, barnes & noble, etc, require registration. Must be a reason they do it, eh?

I think it's a matter of perception - and stressing that registering allows them to log in and check on their order, makes it easier to order again, etc. is a good reason to register.

Perhaps the best of both worlds would be a "fast order" option so people don't have to register?

Think it's a matter of choice - personally, I feel better registering to order something than not doing so. Makes it look less like a fly by night store if I have to register. And most of the larger sites - amazon, barnes & noble, etc, require registration. Must be a reason they do it, eh?

I think it's a matter of perception - and stressing that registering allows them to log in and check on their order, makes it easier to order again, etc. is a good reason to register.

Perhaps the best of both worlds would be a "fast order" option so people don't have to register?

As they used to say..."by cracky," I hadn't thought of those reasons. You have a darn good point there. Maybe I will leave it alone.

Yep to "fast order," too!