.htaccess files

Guest CorneroftheAttic

Guest CorneroftheAttic

Really need help. It's all well and good being told to remove them from my Ftp to see if it stops all the error messages appearing everywhere after a weeks use of the latest version, but how do I find the htaccess files? From what I can see in the ftp there are none. I'm at my wits end trying to work out why I have error messages all over the admin page. I wish I had never upgraded to the latest version when everything was working on the other version. Would appreciate some help with this please.

Try to limit the posts you make on one problem, this is the 3 one i find today... it is not helping you if you flood the forum. Then it is better to ask again in the same thread so the post popp up to top again... ;)

.htaccess file is a hidden file in the root of your site, or in any folder. It gives you the option to pass configuration to the webserver to prosess before the pages load. But this is not your problem here. Se the 1 post regarding this.

Guest CorneroftheAttic

Try to limit the posts you make on one problem, this is the 3 one i find today... it is not helping you if you flood the forum. Then it is better to ask again in the same thread so the post popp up to top again... ;)

.htaccess file is a hidden file in the root of your site, or in any folder. It gives you the option to pass configuration to the webserver to prosess before the pages load. But this is not your problem here. Se the 1 post regarding this.

Normally I wouldn't, however 2 days sitting around twiddling my thumbs in front of the computer with the boss working next to me doesn't give me much else to do if I can't solve the problem myself and it's taken that long to get an answer. We're on the verge of dumping CC altogether as there's been nothing but trouble since the latest install. Would like to solve the problem because CC when it's working is a great way of having a store without the expense.

Well if you have been sitting for 2 days, wouldent it be better and cheeper to just use the $69 to buy a licens and support then.... :)

And in regards to several postings.

Then it is better to ask again in the same thread so the post popp up to top again...

And i will share a secret with you. I have a guy i always ask when i have trouble.. Mr. Google, and i think you find one of his relatives here hiding under the search link at the top of the page. If you had done this with some of the words in the error message you got, i am sure you would have found different tip regarding your error message. :D

We're on the verge of dumping CC altogether as there's been nothing but trouble since the latest install. Would like to solve the problem because CC when it's working is a great way of having a store without the expense.

And if you visit the cubecart.org site you have several people offering paid helt with installing CC, and they only charge a few $$.

I have seen a few store solution and not many are as well as CC and with the easy way to customize.

.htaccess file is in the root directory of your store. Make sure you have "show hidden files" turned on in your ftp program as it's usually a hidden file. I'd rename it instead of deleting it all together and see if that works.

If you still cannot find it, check with your hosting company. I'm not sure if all hosts use them in shared servers. Yours might have some security setting enabled too that is causing the problem.

Guest CorneroftheAttic

Well if you have been sitting for 2 days, wouldent it be better and cheeper to just use the $69 to buy a licens and support then.... :D

Then it is better to ask again in the same thread so the post popp up to top again...

You don't even work for the place and have offered more help, what's the diff if I pay for it??? I did ask again in the same thread and got no response. I shouldn't have to go anywhere else to find help for CC if this is a forum for CC to get help in, and if it's so easy to configure, I shouldn't need to be paying someone else to do the job for me either, especially when I've had no problems with the program previous to this release.

Paid support mean that you get access to the support system at CC, witch is where they have there priority. The forum are mainly for CC users and are not to be recon as a support system, more a user to user help system. Here you can search for solutions or ask other users for help. With the free version you are not entitle to support, but are adviced to use faq, pinned posts and the forum(s)

And regarding the htaccess files, i think this was an issue when 3.0.14 was released but they where removed from the download right after. If you download recently you should not have a problem with that.

I shouldn't need to be paying someone else to do the job for me either, especially when I've had no problems with the program previous to this release.

A part of the job is to understand what you work with. I will think that you have used CC more than me, i just started. But i have learned all about it by reading and searching through the forum(s). The biggest error many people do is not to read the errors they get, and try to search for help first. Many of the things have been answered before, and maybe only a few post down.

A quick search for open_basedir or open basedir would have given you enough post to get a basic understanding that this is not a CC problem.

Did you try the solution i gave in the other thread.

Well if you have been sitting for 2 days, wouldent it be better and cheeper to just use the $69 to buy a licens and support then.... :P

You don't even work for the place and have offered more help, what's the diff if I pay for it??? I did ask again in the same thread and got no response. I shouldn't have to go anywhere else to find help for CC if this is a forum for CC to get help in, and if it's so easy to configure, I shouldn't need to be paying someone else to do the job for me either, especially when I've had no problems with the program previous to this release.