How to disable Paypal asking for shipping address?

Guest petra123

Guest petra123

Hi!

I want to use Paypal Standard as a primary gateway on my site but when the customer is redirected to Paypal's site there's a question if the shipping address is different than the billing. Now, if the customer has different billing and shipping addresses, they fill those 2 on my site. Then they go to Paypal, where the billing address is already filled but the shipping address (if different from billing) is not - you're presented with a blank form for shipping address which you have to fill once again. I think people don't like to fill forms all that much, imagine having to fill the same info twice, they'll just leave.

I don't need Paypal to ask for shipping address at all, because I already have it from my site. I think there should be some way to turn off the "Require Shipping" option from Paypal, I just don't know how. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Guest petra123

Hi, I know the solution now, if anybody is interested:

Just add <input type='hidden' name='no_shipping' value='1' />

in /modules/gateway/PayPal/transfer.inc.php and your customers won't have to fill their shipping address twice(if different from billing).