Guestbook?

Hi Everyone

Just wondering if anyone could help me add a guestbook - and where do i find one? i've had a look in my CPANEL and there is a simple guestbook but it does not seem to be working.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Antz

Hi Andi

Thanks except i have no guestbook! i've looked at one from Bravenet and i have to manage it outside my site which is something i don't intend to do.

Is it hard to create a guestbook? are there any instructions on how to do this?

Sorry

Thanks

Antz

If its just html then you should be able to add it to your /Global/index.tpl.

Yes my host does have fantastico except it has Viper Guestbook and it doesn't look stable. I've looked everywhere in CPANEL even the simple guestbook which doesn't work! i think there is something wrong with the script itself. So this is where i'm at - no Guestbook!

If you hosting company uses fantastico, there are usually several guestbook scripts in it you could install. Then just put the link to it in index.tpl as ansuk suggested.

On this note - has anyone used Viper Guestbook which comes with FANTASTICO? I downloaded it and nothing happened! :( Am i suppose to do anything to it to work? There are no forums associated with this program and i'm kind of stuck! I had a look at their website and it says

insert the following code into guestbook.html at the position where you want the guestbook to appear:

<table>

<tr>

<td><?php define ( "MAINSCRIPT", "guestbook.php" );

include("index.php")?></td>

</tr>

</table>

Save the page as 'guestbook.php' and upload into your guestbook directory

In my CPANEL i see a folder called Guestbook and a file inside called info7.php which contains this:

<?php

// This is an automatic SEO Mod generated file. Do not modify!

chdir('./../');

$_GET['act']='viewDoc';

$_GET['docId']='7';

include('shop.php');

?>

Mmmm, your response would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Antz

Try to find one you like - simply stick it in a folder under your home folder and test it as a standalone. After that we might be able tohelp more :)

Thats the thing Decker - i have no clue! no idea where to do it.

The viper website has a manual install whereas i did it through CPANEL / FANTASTICO and downloaded it. But im not sure if i'm to add something for it to work?

Sorry my mistake on reading your post, where are you trying to place it?

Best guess from me at the mo is add a link on the homepage.

Install your guestbook and add a link in your main CC page on the 'homepage' in admin use a simple HTML link to start and work from there, you can add a link in the html on the guestbook to send the visitor back to the cart.

Guest SeeDoubleYou

The Viper Guestbook works instantly once you install it through Cpanel, you dont have to do anything, linking it with cubecart though may mean adapting the code (like full url's to the guestbooks code files)

ahhh ok - now i understand.... so how do i like it to cubecart?....

where do i start?

i've downloaded viper so now its just a matter of configuring i guess....

i'd like to add it to my sitedocs at the bottom where it says GUESTBOOK

Thanks for taking your time to explain to me.

Regards,

Antz

The Viper Guestbook works instantly once you install it through Cpanel, you dont have to do anything, linking it with cubecart though may mean adapting the code (like full url's to the guestbooks code files)

Guest SeeDoubleYou

Apparently, from looking at the guestbook code:

"If you want to include the Guestbook, you must change the

constants at the top of index.php! See readme.txt for details"

I dont have the readme.txt file so if you downloaded that, have a read through, and it should explain. I'll continue to try and figure it anyway though but Im definately not a pro!

Guest SeeDoubleYou

First attempt.... CC wont allow php in the WYSIWYG editor method... Im afraid Im going to give up already, Im no coder, theres people alot more experienced on here than me, and more of a help! Sorry, and good luck!

Thanks for trying to help.... its been hell all morning trying to figure this out. Something so simple - you would think can be sooo hard to figure out!

Anyways, hopefully Decker will have an answer - as he is quite EXPERIENCED i believe!! :(

First attempt.... CC wont allow php in the WYSIWYG editor method... Im afraid Im going to give up already, Im no coder, theres people alot more experienced on here than me, and more of a help! Sorry, and good luck!

Guest SeeDoubleYou

Well ansuk and Mysty are the ultimate help I think. Decker is a paying customer, thats why he's listed as 'Ultimate Member'. By the way, nice work on your shop. your first webpage and your doing it with CC? Big jump...

Yes tis my first ever webpage - done with CC3.....

I'm glad u liked it... but soooo much work to be done still..... and it truly helps when lovely ppl like you comment on my work.

Thanks once again

Regards

Antz :(

Well ansuk and Mysty are the ultimate help I think. Decker is a paying customer, thats why he's listed as 'Ultimate Member'. By the way, nice work on your shop. your first webpage and your doing it with CC? Big jump...