Tax not figurd when customer mispells state abbreviation

Guest Claire

customer placed an order having the items shipped to the same state as the store owner - which is MA. Customer typed Mass for the state & the tax was not included.

Is there a fix where the state field can be a drop down box instead of user input?

I have CC ver 3.0.11 installed

TIA :(

• 4 weeks later...

I'm bumping this up- hoping someone might have an answer?

or if someone knows what files I can edit to correct this?

or is this bug fixed in newer version?

A drop down list is the solution IMO.

thank you!

One of my clients is having the same issue with shipping and REALLY wants a drop-down. The problem is that he does international business too, so you need to cover that angle too. I think what I will do is look at making a select query to the counties table in the CC database and have it return the pre-loaded values to the state field. There will have to be a "-- Not Listed --" menu option for those not listed in the database.

I will report back if I get anything to work. This should probably also be requested as a feature for the next release of 3.1 (4.0?)

OK, I think I have it. It is a bit involved, but it seems to work. I also have modifications to the files of Express Checkout if you are using that mod in your store.

Since it is somewhat of a mod, I don't think I'm allowed to post it here. I will have to clean up my notes and post it as a free mod over on www.cubecart.org.

I will do it when I am done handling today's "client emergencies". :rolleyes:

Check there later today or tomorrow.

*****EDIT******

Just noticed that the free mod section of cubecart.org is really messed up. PM or email me through my profile and I can give you the details.

• 1 month later...

OK, I think I have it. It is a bit involved, but it seems to work. I also have modifications to the files of Express Checkout if you are using that mod in your store.

Since it is somewhat of a mod, I don't think I'm allowed to post it here. I will have to clean up my notes and post it as a free mod over on www.cubecart.org.

I will do it when I am done handling today's "client emergencies". :)

Check there later today or tomorrow.

*****EDIT******

Just noticed that the free mod section of cubecart.org is really messed up. PM or email me through my profile and I can give you the details.

Found a bug in this. If you got a copy from me, PM me or email me and I will give you the fix. It isn't showing some international counties due to a dumb coding mistake.