SSL enable at admin cause problem

Guest Jason Wong

Guest Jason Wong

hi guys

anyone know how to reset the SSL to not enable?

cos i enable it and i think i do something wrong which gives me this error!!!

the cart is working fine except cant login to the admin anymore.

Not Found

The requested URL /store/admin/index.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

do u know if there is any step by step guide to SSL installation for CC?

appreciate ur help in this matter.

• 3 months later...
Guest Raúl Madriz Cano

Refer to my post here: http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....showtopic=23805

Post up your SSL configuration and we'll try to guide you if the syntax is right. Remember to remove the passwords when you post any information like that.

I have the same problem with my store. I enabled SSL and then when i try to enter the admin page i got an error that this page can´t be found (Same message as Jason Wong´s).

Someone please try to help me out. I would like to disable SSL on my store.

Thanks

Guest Sierra Dynamic

Niether of you provided a URL, so it's impossible for us to go to your web site and see if you even have an SSL Certificate properly installed on your web site in the first place.

I know your asking how to disable SSL, but trust me, that is not how to fix the problem you are having. If you plan to use your store for online sales, and I'm not sure why else you would have it, you really, really, really should make having SSL up and working as your priority, not how to disable it just to get your site working.

Why don't you look at how to fix the problem instead of trying to figure out how to remove the part you think is the problem.

I'd start by asking what you didn't provide, is SSL even set up on your web server at all? It's not just there by default so we can't assume you even have SSL running on your server at all. Probably the simplest way for you to determine this is by just typing in your web address into a web browser and using "https://" instead of the more traditional "http://" (note the addition of the "s").

If you get a security warning from your browser indicating that it's an unknown certificate signer then that is a good sign, it at least means you do have SSL running on the web server.

With that done, nest I'd ask if you have your own SSL certificate then installed on your web site and start by looking at if you have done this much correctly. Installing an SSL certificate is a lot easier than you may think, don't be afraid of it, it's within the relm of anybodies abilities to do it correctly.

Need more info for me to help you further.