Unable to log in to admin panel

Guest Andy Somnifac

Guest Andy Somnifac

I've recently moved a CubeCart v3.0.10 installation between hosts. I dumped the database, downloaded everything, reimported the database, updated the globals.inc.php and reuploaded everything.

Now, when I attempt to log in, I get an error stating "No administration session was found."

My globals.inc.php file:

<?php

$glob['dbhost' ] = 'removed' ;

$glob['dbdatabase'] = 'removed' ;

$glob['dbusername'] = 'removed' ;

$glob['dbpassword'] = 'renived' ;

$glob['dbprefix' ] = '' ;

$glob['installed' ] = '1' ;

$glob['rootDir' ] = '/removed/htdocs/reefchief/store' ;

$glob['rootRel' ] = '/store/' ;

$glob['storeURL' ] = 'http://www.reefchief.us/store' ;

?>

I have created a new md5 hash password and replaced the existing admin password, in case the password provided to me was incorrect.

Anyone have any suggestions as to which way I should go next?

Guest Brivtech

Now, when I attempt to log in, I get an error stating "No administration session was found."

That error message simply means "You are not logged in".

Double check your password and username settings for the admin. I believe it's working ok - it rejected me when I attempted a login with the correct "login failed" message.

Also, try clearing cookies on your browser.

Your configuration seems OK.

Guest Andy Somnifac

That error message simply means "You are not logged in".

Double check your password and username settings for the admin. I believe it's working ok - it rejected me when I attempted a login with the correct "login failed" message.

Also, try clearing cookies on your browser.

Your configuration seems OK.

When I use an incorrect password I am greeted with the message "Login Failed! Either the username or password was incorrect." I created a new md5 hash for a known password, and when I log in using that known password I am greeted with the "No administration session was found." message. This leads me to believe that some tmp directory is not being written to properly. As far as I know, I've chmod'd any folders that needed to be writable 777.

Guest Andy Somnifac

Have you entered the new password hash into your database? You have to do this before logging in.

I've created the new hash, used phpMyAdmin to update the table, cleared all cookies for the domain, and then attempted to log in.

This did not change any behavior of the site, as the password I was provided by the previous webmaster resulted in the same message when I attempted to log in with it (before I changed the hash).

I'm not sure what you mean by "You have to do this before logging in." It seems pretty much assumed that you would have to change the hash before attempting to log in, unless I'm missing something.

Guest Brivtech

Perhaps it would have been better to use the CC config tool for changing the database settings. I personally don't like editing anything in the database directly, and the config tool can give you a cleaner view of anything that may have needed changing.

Can I also suggest making an installation of 3.0.14, and in the installation, do NOT select the "drop tables if they exist" option. That could repair whatever is not working here, and will allow you to upgrade in the process.

I'm sorry this is happening, I've had something similar many times, where it's working perfectly, and something that should be straightforward messes everything up for no real reason. Frustrating to say the least.

Guest pinkledoo

I was having exactly the same problem - I knew it couldn't be a problem with my CubeCart install as I hadn't changed anything in months; I just tried logging in again and couldn't do it. I'm running CubeCart on a local server, and tried disabling my ZoneAlarm firewall - problem solved, I can now log in. It seems over half of the problems I have with my computer lately, it's my firewall causing them - I'm still under constant assault from viruses so it beats me why I even have the damn thing installed.

Guest Andy Somnifac

Pinkledoo,

I've experienced the exact same thing on several machines, each from a seperate location (my office, my house, and a friend's house). So, I've ruled out a system specific cause.

All,

What I'm thinking now is that it is an issue caused by the way my host is redirecting the domain. I have a total of 8 domains pointing at my hosting package, and each one managed by a .htaccess redirect.

Example:

By default, all of the domains resolve to the folder /blahblahblah/htdocs. The site in question resides in /blahblahblah/htdocs/reefchief. In my .htaccess file (located in /blahblahblah/htdocs) I have the following code to redirect the domain:

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} reefchief\.?us [NC]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/reefchief/

RewriteRule ^(.*)$ reefchief/$1 [L]

The main (very basic) site @ www.reefchief.us works fine. When you browse to the store itself, everything seems to work fine.

When I attempt to log in to the admin panel (http://www.reefchief.us/store/admin) I get redirected to http://www.reefchief.us/store/admin/login.php?goto=/reefchief/store/admin/index.php. Note the section in bold. '/reefchief/store/admin/index.php' with the redirect actually maps to /blahblahblah/htdocs/reefchief/reefchief/store/admin/index.php. I assume this is why it does not work properly.

Would anyone have any opinions on this theory, and if so, how I might go about fixing it? I don't have any other problems like this with any other package (Wordpress, Gallery2, Invision Power Board, among others) on any other domain I administer.

As always, I thank everyone for taking the time to read.

EDITED TO ADD:

I created an install on the main domain for the account (i.e. no .htaccess redirects) and all works fine... I can log into the admin panel without any issues. The URL for the test install is www.somnifacient.us/store.

Guest Andy Somnifac

I thought I would add that I thought to check the admin_sessions table and every time I attempt to log in, it is adding a row to the table. So, it seems that it's attempting to log in, but the redirect being generated (http://www.reefchief.us/store/admin/login.php?goto=/reefchief/store/admin/index.php) is the issue.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest coder_cotton

I thought I would add that I thought to check the admin_sessions table and every time I attempt to log in, it is adding a row to the table. So, it seems that it's attempting to log in, but the redirect being generated (http://www.reefchief.us/store/admin/login.php?goto=/reefchief/store/admin/index.php) is the issue.

I'm having the same issue today. Did you ever figure this out?

I'm having the same issue today. Did you ever figure this out?

Me too...I think.

Hey, This seems to have worked for me.

I opened the global.inc.php file and saw this-

<?php

$glob['dbdatabase'] = 'blah';

$glob['dbhost'] = 'localhost';

$glob['dbpassword'] = 'blahblah';

$glob['dbprefix'] = '';

$glob['dbusername'] = 'blah';

$glob['installed'] = '1';

$glob['rootDir'] = '/home/poop/public_html/blah';

$glob['rootRel'] = '/blah/';

$glob['storeURL'] = 'http://www.blah.com';

?>

"blah.com" is an additional domain added to my main hosting package. It is not the main domain of my package. Technically "blah.com" is really "whatever.com/blah/". Maybe some of you have the same type setup. Anyway, I changed one line in the global.inc.php file.-

$glob['rootRel'] = '/blah/'; to $glob['rootRel'] = '/';

Now things seem to work fine. Hopefully I didn't screw up anything else by doing this!

• 4 weeks later...

Anyway, I changed one line in the global.inc.php file.-

$glob['rootRel'] = '/blah/'; to $glob['rootRel'] = '/';

Now things seem to work fine. Hopefully I didn't screw up anything else by doing this!

Thanks a bunch !! I been flogging my brains for ages with this error and your $glob['rootRel']= '/'; worked beautifully. Smashing !!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest KaniGTT

ive been sniffing and I think this is the exact same problem ive got!!

now that ive migrated my store to the root directory, I cannot log into my admin panel. But Ive noticed that the login button is directing me to

domain.com/admin/login.php?goto=/admin/index.php

and ive noticed that "goto=/admin/index.php"

I am already in the admin directory...so its searching for another folder inside /admin ??? I am getting this same error "no administration session found"

anyone know if I am on the right track? or could help me on how to edit the path on the admin login? what files/folders??

thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome! I'm glad I was able to help someone else with what I found out.

Hey, Thanks a bunch!!! this forum is great. I have had trouble with my admin access as well installing cubecart to my root dir. My host provider has spent 4 days trying to figure out and I was given incorrect advises that didn't work.

Your $glob remedy did the trick. Thank you!!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Dmitry Kruglov

I do not understand you! Please help me.

I have changed a line:

$glob['rootDir'] = '/home/midisao8/public_html/midisa.com/shop';

$glob['rootRel'] = '/shop/';

to

$glob['rootRel'] = '/';

Now does not load page, and forwarded by mistake.

It is impossible to correct all mistakes?

For installation of this site it is necessary tambourine and dances at a fire?

Authors!!! Help me!!!

I do not know the English language, I ask to speak me simple words.

Thank you.

Best regards, Dmitry Kruglov

Guest Dmitry Kruglov

I do not want to tell bad, but the desire is.

I tried to open different browsers.

FireFox could not open.

Internet explorer has opened normally.

To establish this shop, I have spent five hours!!!

I want, that authors knew, that this shop is created for people to whom there is nothing to do(make).

Those people at whom time can establish it(him) much.

I shall try certainly to work further, but the first impression disgusting.

• 2 weeks later...

Instead of this:

$glob['rootRel'] = '/';

Try this:

$glob['rootDir'] = '/home/midisao8/public_html/shop';

$glob['rootRel'] = '/';

I do not know for sure if this will work, but it is the only thing I can think of to suggest. Good luck!