Which maps can I or should I protect

Guest Hellborn

Guest Hellborn

I have just moved from a Windows to a Linux server and I'm not sure if the attributes on the files follows when I move them?

Anyway thinking of hacking which folders, files and maps do I need to protect and which can't I protect to not disable to store ?

For the admin dir I have it with extra password on the server.

I feel unsafe, can someone guide me here ?

Thanks in advance!

Guest Hellborn

Haha!

Anyway I just noticed that when I change the complete dir to 644 I can't browse the files myself with the ftp server so I changed to 744. Is that ok or do I get any security problems then?

Also should I just change the attribute for the dirs or all the subdirs and files as well ?

Thanks!

Thanx Roban! You're my god :)

images/upload/ Chmod to 0777

images/upload/thumbs/ Chmod to 0777

0644 should do for the rest

Oh no I'm not! :)

Guest Hellborn

OK! Maybe it really doesn't matter as the FTP server is password protected or am I thinking wrong ?

I mean anyone can't upload the files anyway and all important things are in the SQL database anyway, right?

Another thing, if I upload all the files to a linux server and just let them be as they are but change the image maps to 777. Would I be secure then? I mean isn't that exactly what you do with a fresh installation?

And I still don't get if I should change the attribute only to the dirs or also to the subdirs and files below if you know what I mean ?

Sorry for my nagging but I want to feel safe =)

'

My directories were 755 with no problems.

Guest Hellborn

I don't really know what I'm doing so I just uploaded everything and by default the maps and files are not 2755 and the store works fine. Then I change the image maps to 777.

Is that ok or would it make me more sensitive for hacking ? :)