Error when trying to add box to left side!

Guest marline

Guest marline

I've tryed doing it on my own but I just can't get it!

I'm trying to add a box to the left side of the page under ADVERTISEMENTS, but im getting this error on the top of my logo.

Warning: main(includes/boxes/Links.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /mystore/index.php on line 194

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'includes/boxes/Links.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/include:/usr/lib/php') in /mystore/index.php

I would like to add a box to put external links to my related websites example: (www.tshirtscataloge.com) not a real site just used for an example.

Can any one help me with this, I've been at it all day!

my web site is www.peabodysairbrush.com/mystore

Yes you need to outline all the steps you have taken. There is no reason to mess with your store's core files in order to add a simple box, you can add it using straight html in the skin's global/index.tpl file.

There have been a rash of these type problems lately; bottom line is it's best not to dive in to creating php files if you do not know php; there are instructions available through the pinned posts and in published tutorials that can guide you in this using only html in one skin file :)

-------

OTOH, if you know what you're doing with php, and have created a functional includes/boxes/Links.inc.php and made an appropriate XTemplate assignation in that file to something like Links.tpl, and have it correctly coded to be parsed by Links.inc.php - - -

Then perhaps you need to check that your spelling and capitalization match. The file includes/boxes/Links.inc.php is presently not being found by the script.

Guest marline

Yes you need to outline all the steps you have taken. There is no reason to mess with your store's core files in order to add a simple box, you can add it using straight html in the skin's global/index.tpl file.

There have been a rash of these type problems lately; bottom line is it's best not to dive in to creating php files if you do not know php; there are instructions available through the pinned posts and in published tutorials that can guide you in this using only html in one skin file :)

-------

OTOH, if you know what you're doing with php, and have created a functional includes/boxes/Links.inc.php and made an appropriate XTemplate assignation in that file to something like Links.tpl, and have it correctly coded to be parsed by Links.inc.php - - -

Then perhaps you need to check that your spelling and capitalization match. The file includes/boxes/Links.inc.php is presently not being found by the script.

OK, I found my error for the most part. Made it Capital (L) needed to be lower case.

The error is now gone on the top of my page.

But when I go to view the store I do not see the box I just made.

Markscart, I used your down load Manipulating Boxes to try to do this.

I not even sure if it can do what I want it to do, which is to link to my other web sites out side of my store.