My Store...

Guest GaryU

Hi Guys, :D

Fab Product! :(

Have been putting this off and off for a while now, we really wanted to get some stock in and on the site but we are still looking for premises. Anyway, that is still progressing, albeit very slowly so I thought I could at least see what you thought of the site, and if you have any ideas for improvement whilst I'm waiting.

Based on the Killer skin, we are after clean, simple, crisp but professional site... personally I think we are there :)

Please do let me know what you think.

Thank and regards,

Gary

Ocean Life Aquatics

:) Well gary you're on your way to a very nice store. There are a couple of things that stand out and I mention them only to give you some food for thought.

I would change the default blue sub-cat folder for some "fishy' type images. Your product images scream out to be enlarged in a pop-up window. There is a tutorial on how to do this by the late Ansuk. I think you'll find it at cubecart.org.

Let's get some meta tags as well. There is a CC site called Desert Coral Aquatics that I did some SEO work on a while back. Google that site and take a look at some really nice design work. You'll pick up some great tips for your own site.

:) WOW. Thanks Roban, some top tips there and i'll look into your suggestions.

Regarding the sub cats as images, I'm struggling to get decent images (fish don't sit still and pose). There is a fab site here and the images are spot on, but I guess I can't use them..? :

[ sorry Gary I had to edit out the external link ]

Anyone have any suggestions?

Also, how can i make my logo use a URL so you return to the homepage when it's clicked?

Thanks again for your help and comments.

Gary

Guest earthgirl

Hi,

A great site for images is www.sxc.hu a totally free site for photos, posted by creatives, (some do require credit/notification) but the majority are free, high resolution and professional. I'm sure you'll find something :dizzy: