session cookie problem with 3.0.14

Guest squarewheels

Guest squarewheels

I have just upgraded my store from 3.0.9 to 3.0.14. I can not log onto the 3.0.14 ADMIN page. When I attempt to access the page I get the following error:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/var/php_sessions/sess_e2e07f5561f314fcf16d71a46d3447a5, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /hermes/web10/b947/pow.xxxxxxxx/htdocs/shop/admin/includes/auth.inc.php on line 46

I can roll-back to 3.0.9 and successfully logon.

Any, and all, assistance with getting 3.0.14 running on my site will be greatly appreciated.

Steve

Did you run the database upgrade scripts first? You will need to run each one in succession from 3.0.9 to 3.0.13.

Best proceedure is to run each script on the database first, then upload the 3.0.14 files except for global.inc.php (I also skipped the languages folder and the skins folder since I had a lot of custom work to the former and was using my own skin anyway).

Guest squarewheels

I did run the required database scripts.

I have noticed the V9 php code includes a "path" for locating the cookie and V14 does not. Adding the path to V14 code helps, but it appears I would need to add it to multiple modules. I suspect the cure is to move the location of the cookie file.

Did you mean session.cookie_path? This parameter is presents since v3.0.5 and doesnt mean where to locate the cookie but differentiate the sessions in different php applications on the same site stored as parameter into session cookie.

The only difference in 3.0.14 is location of this code. It is located just below the session_name() and not above in admin/login.php. Try do the same in admin/includes/auth.inc.php - move ini_set("session.cookie_path",$sessionDomain); below session_name($sessionName);

Do you have the same issue by accessing front-end? If no, this is a issue for you admin/includes/auth.inc.php uses the old structure.

Guest squarewheels

convict,

I inserted the following code

session_save_path("/home/users/web/b947/pow.xxxxxxxx/phpsessions");

In each of the following modules

shop\admin\login.php

shop\admin\logout.php

shop\admin\includes\auth.inc.php

shop\admin\misc\info.php

shop\includes\sessionStart.inc.php

I suspect your suggestion is cleaner, but I had already made the mods by the time I read your post.

convict,

I inserted the following code

session_save_path("/home/users/web/b947/pow.xxxxxxxx/phpsessions");

In each of the following modules

shop\admin\login.php

shop\admin\logout.php

shop\admin\includes\auth.inc.php

shop\admin\misc\info.php

shop\includes\sessionStart.inc.php

I suspect your suggestion is cleaner, but I had already made the mods by the time I read your post.

Oh i know what you mean now. Your issue is totally different to what I have mentioned and NOT CubeCart related.

BTW you dont need to write it to any of files (not modules) you listed. Just place the code to includes/ini.inc.php. This file is included always as first and you save the time in any of upgrade.

Guest squarewheels

convict,

Again, thanks for the assistance. I will place the code in the ini.inc.php file. As you said, it will make future upgrades that much easier.

I suspect the hard coded path statements were inserted by my webhost as part of their automated install. For prior upgrades I went the manual route, so those changes were not lost. Customer email notification also broke when I migrated to V14. I suspect the webhost had email mods which were lost when V14 was installed. No problems with email now, the webhost tech's. resolved that issue.