Small monitor & 800x600 need feedback plz

Guest www.orderiffic.com

Guest degsey69

Not much to say really just a standard skin with products added.

You really need to get one of the modders to desgn you a skin or buy one from their sites because you will stay poor if you continue to keep your site the way it is.

Sorry for the tough love but I feel with the right channeling of your enthusiasm you will make a great profitable site.

Degsey :cry:

Guest Brivtech

I agree.

However, if you're after an opinion to grow on, then this is what's wrong at the moment:

Latest products window - Third line of text has forced its way outside of the box.

Site docs bar at the bottom - because this is showing as 2 lines of text, it's thrown the formatting out of the container left and right art : http://www.orderiffic.com/skins/Killer/sty...eDocsBgLeft.gif

Banner advert - Slap bang in the middle, which in my opinion is far too big, and the flashy price is extremely annoying, making me want to click away immediately.

Unless you're prepared to start programming a new style yourself, or adapting the existing one, I'd strongly recommend having a look over at www.cubecart.org for a different skin. There's a few I can think of that would better suit your products.

Guest www.orderiffic.com

I would suggest putting a link to your site in your post, rather than forcing visitors to copy and paste your username.

Visit .org and get a free skin. Anything is better than the standard killer skin.

Duly noted.. sorry for that.

Guest www.orderiffic.com

Not much to say really just a standard skin with products added.

You really need to get one of the modders to desgn you a skin or buy one from their sites because you will stay poor if you continue to keep your site the way it is.

Sorry for the tough love but I feel with the right channeling of your enthusiasm you will make a great profitable site.

Degsey :D

Obviously, the top header is unremarkable. I'm going to get some professional help with that later. I had tried some mods to fix the featured listings to get them to center, but they haven't worked, or I need to limit the descriptions or match up the graphic sizes I'm guessing.

I really don't want to start over with a new skin because of three weeks of installing mods and products. It isn't Killer, straight out of the box. I've moved stuff around and omitted some.

I'm hoping some css, design tweaks and new header pic will be enough.

Thanks for your feedback! It's just what I looking for .. ;)

Guest www.orderiffic.com

I agree.

However, if you're after an opinion to grow on, then this is what's wrong at the moment:

Latest products window - Third line of text has forced its way outside of the box.

Site docs bar at the bottom - because this is showing as 2 lines of text, it's thrown the formatting out of the container left and right art : http://www.orderiffic.com/skins/Killer/sty...eDocsBgLeft.gif

Banner advert - Slap bang in the middle, which in my opinion is far too big, and the flashy price is extremely annoying, making me want to click away immediately.

Unless you're prepared to start programming a new style yourself, or adapting the existing one, I'd strongly recommend having a look over at www.cubecart.org for a different skin. There's a few I can think of that would better suit your products.

Thanks Brivtech. A new skin will force me to start over from scratch and loose all my mods, right? Can you recommend a designer to help with my existing skin? I'm can start saving up and am willing to pay a reasonable flat fee.. ;) Great feedback. Thanks again.

If you need any designers for this please visit the .org forum where there are free and commercial skins available and the designers can also be found there ;)

Keep up the good work :D

Guest www.orderiffic.com

If you need any designers for this please visit the .org forum where there are free and commercial skins available and the designers can also be found there :dizzy:

Keep up the good work :huh:

.com, .org, it's all so confusing.. thanks!

Guest Brivtech

Not really:

.COM - Core CubeCart Support

.ORG - Third Party support

A new skin, or help with one means you'd be dealing with a third party. So that's why we send you lot packing to .ORG on a regular basis! ;)

Guest www.orderiffic.com

What I suppose I meant was, both forums look very alike to a newbie, but I get the idea, ;) and thanks very much for your comments! It's still in progress, but Ive made a few changes as suggested.

Orderiffic.com