Partially complete - comments appreciated

Guest jt007

Hi all

I have just uploaded the 'bare bones' of our site at the following address: http://www.magicmagic.co.uk/store.

Please note, I know the 'front page' looks bad :dizzy: - it is still being developed and will change, trust me!

Although the customer login/out pages are still to be coded, it should work fine up until the shipping section.

It seems a bit slow to me - changing from one page to another etc - if you're able to check it out, does this happen for you? If so, any ideas?

Thanks, in advance, to any and all who are able to have a look and offer me some feedback.

Best regards

John Taylor

MAGICmagic.co.uk

Oh, and I know the menu bar buttons don't function yet :huh:

Looks quite a nice little black number. But you haven't looked at it in IE6 have you? First impressions are that there is never any content, but then scroll down, and it's all down there past the end of left column. Ya gotta love IE6! :dizzy:

Thanks for the IE6 advice - so far I've only looked at it in Firefox (my main development browser) and IE7. Does anyone know why IE6 would be showing it differently?

I'm currently working on what will be the front page - another day or so and it will be here - so at present I know the 'text' is almost invisible. It will all be different, trust me!

For now, what are your opinions on the current colour scheme, layout, font choices, etc?

Any comments gratefully received ;)

Cheers

John

Thanks for the IE6 advice - so far I've only looked at it in Firefox (my main development browser) and IE7. Does anyone know why IE6 would be showing it differently?
IE6 uses padding and margins slightly differently, the result is the width varies sometimes causing this type of behaviour. IE7 is more adherent to the standards.

Guest garysmith

Hi jt007

I like the color scheme, a brave choice but nicely done. Gives it an 'atmosphere'.

I found some of the pages slow to load but I think that may be more to do with your hosting provider than the content.

Nice work!

All the best

Gary

Thanks for the comments so far - much appreciated.

Re IE6 display issues, what would you recommend the best approach to 'fixing' things is?

Cheers

John

• 3 weeks later...

Hi again folks.

Been hard at work over the past two weeks, implementing a few changes (as were highlighted by forum users above - thanks for your input).

It's by no means done yet - there are still some links that need amending etc. - but the front page is much 'busier' than before, and is how I anticipate it looking in the finished product. I have also loaded a number of products into the store, along with relevant images.

I'd be VERY grateful to anyone who is able to, to have a browse through the store and subsequently share their opinions and/or suggestions for further improvements.

http://www.magicmagic.co.uk/store

Again, thanks for all your time and energy helping me turn my 'dream' of a design into a reality.

John

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Pete_bolton

Very good website, you should be very pleased with your work

get a script error on the products on your home page, invalid charcters??

Pete