Stock Levels

Anyone think of a way to keep the stock levels from going below 0?? Keeps confusing customers when they see "-x" available as they think something is backordered when it just means x have been ordered. Would like it never to show negative numbers.

Any ideas?

• 1 month later...

• 1 month later...

No one knows how to do this? Haven't figured out what to change on this one either but was hoping someone else would :D

Hi Mysty

I have a shipping problem not related to yours so still not got my shop live yet :rolly: But when I make a test order from a product that is down to 1 in stock, it will then just show "Out Of Stock"!

Once that happens it's not possible to add the item to the basket etc!

It does not show a minus sign, it just displays Out Of Stock!

Think you're running a different config than myself, I'm hiding stock etc!

I'm running 3.0.14

Show stock level? No

Allow out of stock purchases? No

Shiping - "By Weight"

• 1 month later...

That's because you have "Allow out of stock purchases" set to no. Needs to be yes if you don't want it to disable the buy button after you are "out of stock".

Anyone think of a way to keep the stock levels from going below 0?? Keeps confusing customers when they see "-x" available as they think something is backordered when it just means x have been ordered. Would like it never to show negative numbers.

Any ideas?

Maybe out dated but helps to someone else too...

admin/orders/order.php

includes/orderSuccess.inc.php

SEARCH FOR

$query = "UPDATE ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_inventory SET stock_level = stock_level - ".$results[$i]['quantity']." WHERE productId = ".$results[$i]['productId'];

REPLACE WITH

$query = "UPDATE ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_inventory SET stock_level = stock_level - ".$results[$i]['quantity']." WHERE stock_level > 0 AND productId = ".$results[$i]['productId'];