High CPU Overage Help

Guest trendyhats

Guest trendyhats

Does anyone have any advice here.

I have two websites using Cubecart with the same issue

My host is Bluehost and periodically throughout the day my customers get messages saying the site is suspended for high cpu usage...the site generally restores itself after a minute and is usable again but im losing business.

Bluehost had said it was because i am running inefficient scripts however my site is very basic with no real scripts other than basic cubecart functionality. I do have over 3000 products and after trying a few things they suggested they said it had something to do with the queries in my database needing to be optimized. I optimized them through phpmyadmin but still having this issue and id rather not leave cubecart as I like cubecart and my site is on the first page of google for several search terms so im in a bind.

Does anyone know how to fix this or a way to move to a different host where this will not occur without any real downtime?

Does anyone have any advice here.

I have two websites using Cubecart with the same issue

My host is Bluehost and periodically throughout the day my customers get messages saying the site is suspended for high cpu usage...the site generally restores itself after a minute and is usable again but im losing business.

Bluehost had said it was because i am running inefficient scripts however my site is very basic with no real scripts other than basic cubecart functionality. I do have over 3000 products and after trying a few things they suggested they said it had something to do with the queries in my database needing to be optimized. I optimized them through phpmyadmin but still having this issue and id rather not leave cubecart as I like cubecart and my site is on the first page of google for several search terms so im in a bind.

Does anyone know how to fix this or a way to move to a different host where this will not occur without any real downtime?

Following up on this when I view the error log in my hosting package i see this error frequently

04-Dec-2006 17:09:15] PHP Warning: Zend Optimizer for PHP 4.4.x cannot be found (expected at '/usr/local/Zend/lib/Optimizer-2.5.10/php-4.4.x/ZendOptimizer.so') - try reinstalling the Zend Optimizer in Unknown on line 0

Could this have anything to do with the issues and if so what do i do to correct?

Guest trendyhats

I would imagine that it is another script that could be causing a problem, i had a similar issue when using a knowledgebase script which was unsafe. CubeCart on the other hand is very secure so long as you are using the latest version. Your error notice about Zend is concerning and is something your host needs to rectify and if they are unable to keep their own server scripts (Zend) running properly then its time to look for a new host.

Thanks. Im definitely ready to move to a new host. If anyone is up for the task of moving a site to a new host let me know

Bluehost will do this if a script is using 20% of server resources and the timeout is 30 seconds. They have an upgrade that raises the timeout to 90 seconds and it costs an additional $12.95 per month. I have researched other shared hosts for their limits on bandwidth and no host that I contacted could assure me that this would not happen. The only way to host an e-commerce site IMO is a dedicated host and the cheapest I have found is in the $50.00 per month range.