Honestly, how simply is CubeCart to use?

Guest chrisjchrisj

Guest chrisjchrisj

How simply is CubeCart to use?

I have not downloaded it yet.

I've set-up ZenCart and find that adding digital products to the catalog is cumbersome and takes many many steps.

So honestly, could someone tell me how easy it is to add digital products to the catalog in CubeCart? Specifically sound files as products?

In Zen Cart you have to:

create a media name

select a media genre

select a media type

add all sorts of attributes

select a category

select option names

select option values

add content

etc, etc, etc,

If you could be specific with your answer, it would be greatly appreciated.

A LOT of us sell/give away digital products. It's VERY easy. You add a product, and specify whether it's digital or tangible. If digital, you enter the server location of it. That's it. Voila.

Sometimes it takes longer to tell somebody to search than to answer their question. A simple, "Yes, it's very easy." was likely enough to make him download/install.

:D

Guest Jim Miller

Ok my 2 cents, since I've just started using CC (a couple of days now) I'm comming from using OS-Comm & Zen-Cart

(all comments IMHO)

1. very easy setup/install.

2. skin changes much (and I do mean a heck of alot) easier to do.

"love the fact that it uses div/css layout vice table"

3. Product maint much more friendly and straight forward (including digital)

4. Support abit better then Zen much better the OS-Comm

5. I've added a few mods they seem to be a little bit easier to work with

things I havent seen or been able to do yet (still looking at so there may be solutions)

1. Cant order catagories (as in OS-Comm has a list order, same with products).

2. Worried a bit about all the posts I've seen about empty cart problem, but have not run into it yet myself.

Overall a very good E-Comm solution and would recommend trying it out. It only took a few hours to set up and less then a day to get a handle on making some pretty major changes to skins.

Background - I'm fair with PHP/MySQL, HTML & CSS a pro by no means and and found most of it pretty straight forward.

I've got a test store up at www.huskyzone.com/cart if you'd like to take a look and like I said thats less then 2 days work.

A LOT of us sell/give away digital products. It's VERY easy. You add a product, and specify whether it's digital or tangible. If digital, you enter the server location of it. That's it. Voila.

Sometimes it takes longer to tell somebody to search than to answer their question. A simple, "Yes, it's very easy." was likely enough to make him download/install.

:D

All that above was a simple yes? LOL :)

Ok then, YES its very simple ;)

Guest Brivtech

You will see that the moderators here are all very friendly and there's plenty of support for your problems. That's gotta be something worth taking into consideration.

I just did a Google search for "Powered by CubeCart", and it came up with over 1 million sites. Considering that's for unregistered customers (When you register, the message is removed), I think the figures speak for themselves.

My advice, try it out - I tried loads of different systems, CubeCart was the one that was most flexible and stable.

Guest MOMProject

I'll agree with everyone else! I used OSCommerce for a while, then switched to Cube Cart. I found CC to be much more user friendly, with better features and support. It's by far my favorite!

I tried ZenCart over a weekend and also found that there were far more steps involved than I was comfortable with.

Before I got to CubeCart, I used SunShop and X-Cart and had issues with both of them. When I tested CubeCart, everything seemed to come together in a way I could deal with.

The only weirdness for me was in setting multiple categories for a single product, adding product images, and in setting product options, although I believe all of those are being addressed in 3.1.

The short answer is that CC has been one of the bestcarts in terms of BALANCE. It's got enough features to be worthwhile, it's very stable and secure, and it's relatively easy to administer.