My Version of Cubecart.. Changes Plus Graphics..

Hello All,

Since I started messing with CubeCart, I've had various requests asking how I was able to change the design and make all of the other modifications.. Well, It's not easy to explain I guess but instead, I took a stock copy of Cubecart, Removed the subfooter and subheader, made various other small changes so that you can now create your own templates with just using a header and footer...

An example is here.. http://kickinpc.com/chriscube/

When creating your templates, all you have to do is include the left_column.inc.php where you want it to show, the right_column.inc.php where you want that to show, and then there is the welcome.php which allows you to place the Welcome Guest Login | Register where ever you want.

It's up to you to design some new boxes but I have provided the actual html file created in dreamweaver along with all of the images and png image files from fireworks.. If you don't have fireworks, Macromedia.com offers a Full 30 day demo.

I hope that this will give you some ideas as well as make your future themes much easier to do. I don't have time to offer any support but if you need help, send me an email or pm.

The File: REMOVED by Brooky (Providing direct downloads o;of the CubeCart Software package is against our License Agreement) Sorry. :errm:

Note: This does not include the installer or the sql db.. You should grab that from a stock cubecart archive. You can just upload these files over your existing install, just remember to remove the subheader.inc.php and subfooter.inc.php so that you don't get confused. REMEMBER to change the values in admin/config.php to match your db settings....

Regards,

Chris

Edited by brooky

Hi All,

I have removed the text of this thread as I changed my version over to a complete no-box version. The original settings.inc.php is included if you rather have the boxes. The link above has been updated to the new version as well.

BTW: Just a note for you coders who didn't know.. CubeCart appears to be a re-written from scratch version of Oscommerce.. Even the product option screen is the same.. The only difference mainly is that it's allot smaller and uses a less advanced db and module design.. So if you are looking for any type of addons in regards to templating, shipping, credit modules and such, I'd visit the oscommerce community site.. There you can get free open source modules that can be rewritten to be used with cubecart..

It's just an idea..

Regards,

Chris

Edited by cbunting

Hello,

I just noticed this.. Since I removed the need for allot of the hard coded html to remove the subfooter and subheader, I did not try to add a product so I didn't realize that there was some html code that needed to be removed.. As I mentioned in the first post, there may be a few bugs.. I'm working on the cart as I write this so if you let me know when you find something, you'll have a fix in only a few minutes..

I'll update the zip file.. You will only need the view_cart.php

Regards,

Chris..

Hi all,

I have went through every section of the code, all viewable online pages, made corrections to the tables, made them a bit fancier with a nice new background, fixed a few other bugs and then some.. This should be in fully working order as I've been through the site for the past hour and made changes where needed..

Please re-download the code here, http://www.kickinpc.com/pub/ It's the ChrisCube.zip

Sorry for posting the link again.. I thought we were allowed to by what I was told..

Regards,

Chris..

Let me know if you find anything else that isn't right.... I'll fix it

Please note.. I don't want any credit for the work i've done.. The design was done by me earlier just for this release of the cart.. I know Brooky is busy so please give him the credit... And send him some donations.. Brooky has done an awesome job with CC... Otherwise, my work would not be possible..

Guest ravenspyk

This cart is very bitchin. I would like to get my hands on this version or modification if possible. Of course would also like to have no bugs as well.lol But very cool intergration into the web site..can you shoot me an email or something? I appreciate it.

The File: REMOVED by Brooky (Providing direct downloads o;of the CubeCart Software package is against our License Agreement) Sorry.

You should tell the other modders this then too.. I have a direct download on my site.. If that is not against the license, then how is it against it here?

Chris

My last post for now unless someone finds a bug...

I had only made these changes mainly for myself.. Not sure if many of you know but this isn't my first cubecart site.. I've made cubecart do many things as seen here.. http://www.kickinpc.com/devstore/AGEZ7J2R12.html

I am just wondering how many of you like the output of the product pages that are on my main cubecart install? If you all like it, maybe I'll add that into the released version.. I only released this to help everyone with templates, obviously, If I kept going, it would appear that there would be some licensing issues that would arrise.. So I am not offering to do any other mods or changes..

Thanks for all of your feedback and comments.. That was nice to get those for the work I've done..

Chris

ok , one more problem

customer.php is now ok :errm: but :

when I select as a payment method MoneyBookers (I turned on that payment gateway) and click Checkout I'm not redirected to their site ... I have only a mesage "Building order and transferring to checkout" but nothing happened. I'm still waiting and nothing - I am not redirecting to gateway.

ths 4 ya all

Guest ravenspyk

On the demo cart I noticed some line underneath the table buttons " something needs to be done with these buttons". Is there a way to remove that? and is there any problems with PayPal gateway? thanks.

is there any problems with PayPal gateway?

The same as with moneybookers :

you are not redirected and in the header of your site You can find that txt :

onLoad='document.SecureForm.submit();'

Guest ravenspyk

Thanks for the reply.. i would definately need the paypal to trannsact. But not having to have a phd in php is also helpful as a designer. With this layout version of the CC the html allows you to do some very cool stuff. Changing the colors without having to change the pics or exchanging the pics if needed. And its ver clean..Its like the NextGen Cube Cart look.

Hey All,

I forgot to add the small section to the body tag.. This is why you were not being forwarded to the selected payment gateway.. This has been fixed as well as a small sizing issue for Firefox/Mozilla.. I always use IE and forgot to check the site but all appears to be fine now.

Just redownload the files and upload them again over writing all the originals..

Chris

Hi

all ok now :]

some cosmetic tips :errm:

when we login to Administration panel we can see : Settings style ... But there is no declaration for left column (I know, it's the same like original cubeCart). Color for background is for background (lol) and that included center and right column. But not left. What about left_column ? I couldn't find that declaration on style.css. I think It'd be better when the left and the right would have the same color (I mean right should have the left_columns color).

And one more thing :

there is a line (or border="1" ?) between left and center column (can see when IE is full sized). So where is the line between center and right column ?

thx : ]

look.JPG

Hello,

Look in the header.inc.php

The grey background with the 1pixel border is a background image.. Just make this..

<td width="170" valign="top" background="images/nav_bg.gif">

Like this..

<td width="170" valign="top">

And now it's the same color as the right column..

Chris

dAin,

I'll release this one too when I am finished.. I think you had mentioned about having one column or maybe a smaller size.. It looks like allot of modifications need to be made to put the shopping cart on the left column, a hack job I suppose.. But I will release it too once I work the bugs out this time..

Example: http://www.kickinpc.com/cubetest/

Regards,

Chris

• 2 months later...

Hi

it's been a long .... :]

I had to change my login after the forum was hacked... ok , whatever

I write here because I have a problem, which cbunting has fixed few weeks ago.

When I as a payment method chose "Credit Card" i'm not redirected do CC Gateway (for eg. to 2CheckOut, PayPal etc.) / www.shop.i48.org/cc/ - here is the sample shop with this diffrent look /

I have only message "Building order and transferring to checkout" and error onLoad='document.SecureForm.submit();'

can someone help me with that ? I know cbhuntin know what's going on but .. are you still @ this forum ? ;)

cya , thx :errm:

Hi

I just done what grcdude2 was written @ http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index.php?showtopic=3304 and now all is ok , I'm redirected to Payment gateweay :] the error was wrong (not fully) construction od code

<BODY leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" bgcolor="<?echo$bg_colour;?>"

<?

// used for secure.php to autosubmit form data

if($url=="secure"){

echo"onLoad='document.SecureForm.submit();'";

}

?>

on my site :]

good job for myself (because of SEARCH button above hehe)